Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Desserts
Mehadrin parve cream cheese

Post Mon, Aug 26 2019, 2:13 am
I made something for Shavous that called for whipped cream cheese. I'd like to try it now in a parve version using mehadrin parve cream cheese. My question is, does anyone know if the recipe would come out good if the parve cream cheese isn't whipped?

copy

Post Mon, Aug 26 2019, 2:30 am
yes I treid it comes out delicious

Post Mon, Aug 26 2019, 2:48 am
copy wrote:
yes I treid it comes out delicious

Thanks so much!

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Aug 26 2019, 6:00 am
Tofutti "Better Than Cream Cheese" is wonderful. It's a bit weird on it's own, but in cooking and baking you cannot tell the difference. If you whip it up with an electric hand mixer, it will have the perfect consistency you are looking for.

True fact, the guy who invented the Tofutti line of products is a frum Jew. He wanted creamy desserts after a meat meal, so he came up with his own recipes. G-d bless him! Very Happy

Post Mon, Aug 26 2019, 9:26 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
Tofutti "Better Than Cream Cheese" is wonderful. It's a bit weird on it's own, but in cooking and baking you cannot tell the difference. If you whip it up with an electric hand mixer, it will have the perfect consistency you are looking for.

True fact, the guy who invented the Tofutti line of products is a frum Jew. He wanted creamy desserts after a meat meal, so he came up with his own recipes. G-d bless him! Very Happy

Thanks! I appreciate your help, though I don't think I could use the tofutti. Gonna try with the mehadrin, and yes it's an interesting fact 😉

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Aug 26 2019, 9:30 am
member wrote:
Thanks! I appreciate your help, though I don't think I could use the tofutti. Gonna try with the mehadrin, and yes it's an interesting fact 😉

Why not Tofutti? All the Charedim I know accept it, even if it just has a plain OU. It's vegan, so there's no animal glycerin or gelatin. It's all 100% vegetable based.

Post Mon, Aug 26 2019, 9:34 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
Why not Tofutti? All the Charedim I know accept it, even if it just has a plain OU. It's vegan, so there's no animal glycerin or gelatin. It's all 100% vegetable based.

Gonna ask my husband to look into it, thanks. But that may take some time, so worth trying the other brand, especially since the other poster mentioned that she tried
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics