Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
How to change school approach
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 19 2019, 4:35 pm
Deleted

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Sep 19 2019, 4:41 pm
If the teachers are great, who is doing all of the yelling?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 19 2019, 4:48 pm
Deleted

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Sep 19 2019, 4:49 pm
we've been parents for years and never had any problems with them. Maybe some girls did something terrible?

amother
Rose

Post Thu, Sep 19 2019, 4:51 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
The person in charge of the assembly and setting the school tone and the person in charge of suspending 9 yr old little girls IN PUBLIC!

Who is this "person"? Because the principal is not like that at all.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 19 2019, 4:53 pm
Deleted

amother
Tangerine

Post Thu, Sep 19 2019, 4:59 pm
Call your childs teacher and tell her you are very concerned. Ask what's going on.
Don't take what a 9yr old tells you at face value. Reality might be different than what you understood from your daughter.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 19 2019, 4:59 pm
I dont want to point fingers or bring up names I just want the school to change the approach to a positive one and looking for ideas how to bring it up. (To the parents surprised maybe ask your dd abt the things mentioned above)

amother
Tangerine

Post Thu, Sep 19 2019, 5:01 pm
Just wanted to add, I don't anything about the school. I don't have kids there or knows anyone who does.
I'm just giving my personal advice as to what I would do.

amother
Bisque

Post Thu, Sep 19 2019, 5:01 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I dont want to point fingers or bring up names I just want the school to change the approach to a positive one and looking for ideas how to bring it up. (To the parents surprised maybe ask your dd abt the things mentioned above)

you want to bring it up - but no-one should know that it was you who brought it up?

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Sep 19 2019, 5:03 pm
Do you have any relationships with staff members there? What about teachers? If it's too new for this year's teacher what about last year's?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 19 2019, 5:06 pm
amother [ Bisque ] wrote:
you want to bring it up - but no-one should know that it was you who brought it up?

I am looking for a way to bring it up without getting "in trouble" for it and the negativity then being put on my daughter

amother
Coffee

Post Thu, Sep 19 2019, 5:09 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I am looking for a way to bring it up without getting "in trouble" for it and the negativity then being put on my daughter

Just frame the issue in the form of your daughter's worries, and then they won't look at it negatively. Tell them your daughter is very affected by the public suspensions, and you're looking for clarification so you can properly explain it to your daughter and allay her fears.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Sep 19 2019, 5:09 pm
Just reach out to her teacher and say my daughter came home scared talking about girls being suspended. Can you tell me if anything happened in school today?
Put ease and a smile into your voice. You can start the conversation by saying hi Mrs. X, Chana loves your class. How has she been doing so far?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 19 2019, 5:11 pm
Deleted

amother
Rose

Post Thu, Sep 19 2019, 5:11 pm
Deleted

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 19 2019, 5:22 pm
Delete

amother
Bisque

Post Thu, Sep 19 2019, 5:33 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
As the adult the person in charge should be dealing with these 9 yr olds (that are obviously hurting enough to be acting out like this) in private not in front of a whole class. And besides there were so many other stories again happening in public besides these girls. (This is not the teacher having an issue which I would understand)

Why "should" it be like that? Obviously hurting? Some kids are just trouble makers.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Thu, Sep 19 2019, 5:34 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Anyone know what's going on with bnos penina?there is so much yelling and embarrassing children in public. My child is very well behaved but she is coming home traumatized by what is being done to other children in public. There are 9 yr old girls that were already suspended and just so much negativity coming from the head staff.my child is getting very anxious and doesnt want to go to school, the opening assembly was someone yelling a list of all the things that will get you kicked out of school. Is this the way to deal with children? I am scared to bring it up to the principle because of the negativity that will be put on my child. Anyone have an idea how to get the school to change their approach to a positive one? (The teachers are great)
If you are not happy take out!!! I Love the principal and staff never had a problem and these girls were awfully chutzpahdig my daughter came home telling me how rude the 2 girls are and even 1 girl used "language " to the teacher in front of the class!!!!!!!!!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 19 2019, 5:36 pm
Delete
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics