Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
Shabbos at the Klatzkos

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 23 2019, 5:07 pm
I’m considering advising a teenage mentee/friend of mine to go to the Klatzkos for shabbos, and would love to hear info about what shabbos at their home is like.

Specifically - do the Klatzkos have one-on-one time with the guests? What’s the vibe in terms of hashkafa? Any info would be helpful and appreciated.

If someone has anything negative to say about their Shabbat experience at the Klatzkos, PLEASE message me directly, and don’t post it on this thread. The Klatzkos are wonderful people and I don’t want to be the catalyst for any public negativity towards them.

Last edited by amother on Mon, Aug 01 2022, 4:13 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Maroon

Post Wed, Oct 23 2019, 5:58 pm
1ofbillions wrote:
I’m considering advising a teenage mentee/friend of mine to go to the Klatzkos for shabbos, and would love to hear info about what shabbos at their home is like.

Specifically - do the Klatzkos have one-on-one time with the guests? What’s the vibe in terms of hashkafa? Any info would be helpful and appreciated.

If someone has anything negative to say about their Shabbat experience at the Klatzkos, PLEASE message me directly, and don’t post it on this thread. The Klatzkos are wonderful people and I don’t want to be the catalyst for any public negativity towards them.

In answer to the bolded, in my experience not really. Maybe during a quieter shabbos. That's not really the point though. Maybe describe why you want to send this person and we can say whether it would be beneficial/appropriate.

amother
Salmon

Post Wed, Oct 23 2019, 6:17 pm
Two girls in their early twenties/late teens would go together.

One is considering moving to Monsey, and wants to get to know Monsey people and possibly establish a relationship with the Klatzkos. She’s very lonely and would benefit from meeting people or just having a good time.

The other is very confused about religion after being raised in a very emotionally unhealthy frum family, and would possibly benefit from being in a healthy, positive shabbos environment, as well as talking to the Klatzkos for advice/hashkafic discussion but that isn’t a must.

They’ve both been hurt badly by frum people, have hashkafa struggles as a result, and are struggling to find their places in life after graduating the BY system. They still look and act like stable, basically frum people - they’re not obviously dysfunctional or anything. I think a more chilled out version of Judaism, like the one the Klatzkos live (I think), would be attractive to them.

Last edited by amother on Mon, Aug 01 2022, 4:13 am; edited 2 times in total

Kumphort

Post Wed, Oct 23 2019, 6:22 pm
I think you should look into project makom. They help people like you describe

amother
Teal

Post Wed, Oct 23 2019, 8:02 pm
The Klatzkos have a very positive and growthful environment. There is a mixed crowd every Shabbos, from all different kinds of backgrounds, but it is always an uplifting experience and yes they give one on one time. Rabbi Klatzko tries to get to know each person there as best as he can, and Mrs Klatzko is always open to whoever wants to speak with her. It sounds like your friends would do very well there.

amother
Violet

Post Wed, Oct 23 2019, 8:11 pm
The Klatzko Shabbos experience is wonderful! Very lively and active the entire time! The guests come from a very wide range of backgrounds, and the experience is different each time. I wouldn't say there is 1-1 time, but both Rabbi and Mrs. Klatzko KNOW who is there and makes each person feel welcome and comfortable.

amother
Aqua

Post Wed, Oct 23 2019, 8:33 pm
W

amother
Aqua

Post Wed, Oct 23 2019, 8:41 pm
H

1ofbillions

Post Wed, Oct 23 2019, 9:17 pm
Thank you all so much for your reassurance! I feel so much more comfortable advising them to go, now. I’m quite tempted to join them!

I agree that Project Makom sounds like it would be great for them. Thanks for suggesting it! I’ll pass the info on. It seems like such a wonderful and necessary organization.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note