Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
"Heimishe" hashgacha
Previous  1  2

amother
Burlywood

Post Thu, Oct 24 2019, 6:52 pm
The heimishe crisco is nutola.
And regarding Wilton and such, the heimishe hashgacha will use those companies but certain products from those companies will not be used by various hashgachos

dankbar

Post Thu, Oct 24 2019, 6:58 pm
Bakers choice has all baking prod w heimishe hechsher like fondant/icing etc

seeker

Post Thu, Oct 24 2019, 7:27 pm
dankbar wrote:
Bakers choice has all baking prod w heimishe hechsher like fondant/icing etc

Is it nut free? I know they sell fillings and stuff that aren't.

seeker

Post Thu, Oct 24 2019, 7:27 pm
amother [ Burlywood ] wrote:
The heimishe crisco is nutola.
And regarding Wilton and such, the heimishe hashgacha will use those companies but certain products from those companies will not be used by various hashgachos

Nutola is heimish? Noted. Will look out for it.

seeker

Post Thu, Oct 24 2019, 7:29 pm
ra_mom wrote:
So KRM is not nut free. But Gourmet Glatt's bakery is and I know they deliver to a few communities. Though I don't know if there's enough time for that. I think the gorgeous round cakes I just saw there were around $22.

Good to know. Odds are decent that I know someone coming from Brooklyn.

sky

Post Thu, Oct 24 2019, 7:38 pm
Examples of difference with heimish hechsher that ppl are makpid with:
Confectioners glaze - many sprinkles and decorations contain this ingredient and some don’t eat it
Cream of tartar - in some icings
Grape juice - some apple juices contain traces

We aren’t only eating heimish hechsher but I get really annoyed when ppl sent in things like mike n Ike’s because everyone eats it and we specifically don’t because of the glaze.
(I use dunkin Hines and pillsbury but check each one for ingredients we avoid)

We have relatives who only eat heimish and is down to the flour, oil, sugar and salt.

dankbar

Post Thu, Oct 24 2019, 7:41 pm
most people eating only heimish hechshers will still use Heckers flour, Domino sugars etc

chocolatecake

Post Thu, Oct 24 2019, 7:58 pm
If ou is the generally accepted hashgacaha in your area I would just buy ou food. Parents will assume the party is ou and if they want to double check they will ask you the same way the allergy moms will speak to you.

amother
Peach

Post Thu, Oct 24 2019, 8:15 pm
https://www.rocklandkosher.com/#!{1}#!_/Monsey

Baker's choice makes dairy free and nut free fondant with heimish hechscher

A few brands do food coloring. This is gefen

https://www.rocklandkosher.com/#!/hb/m/000000/r/36585/he/Monsey/

https://www.rocklandkosher.com/#!/hb/m/000000/r/46042/he/Monsey/

Baker's choice has different color royal icing.

seeker

Post Thu, Oct 24 2019, 8:16 pm
Good to know, thanks!

dankbar

Post Thu, Oct 24 2019, 8:53 pm
I am looking at a bottle of royal icing ( pink) from Bakers Choice in my house. No nuts in ingredients. no allergy alerts.
I am looking at Fondant ( green) from same company in my house. no nuts in ing.
allergy alert: sulphites. may contain traces of fish gelatin.
They also have edible markers. edible glitter, pearls, sugar crystals in different colors.

Ruchel

Post Fri, Oct 25 2019, 5:47 am
Not me but some at school so the school has a similar policy for stuff we bring. I would ask thing by thing, ideally to the person who made the list for school. I know I don't get it so I ask

real israeli

Post Fri, Oct 25 2019, 6:08 am
We use only heimish hashgacha products. No Wilton, no crisco no heckers flour, we do use domino sugar, oil only with hechsher. Bakers choice makes most fondant, icing and decorating supplies, that is what I buy.
I would never ask before sending my kid to a party, and while I would be annoyed to hear the mother didn’t conform to school rules (where over 50% are makpid about this), I would still allow my kid to go and eat at the party. The kid is young (if they’re still having parties) and I’d be uncomfortable making my kid feel like they’re losing out due to a chumra not halacha. OU is kosher, period. They have certain kulos that we don’t rely on which is why we want the heimish hechsher. But that doesn’t make it any less kosher.

creditcards

Post Fri, Oct 25 2019, 1:14 pm
real israeli wrote:
We use only heimish hashgacha products. No Wilton, no crisco no heckers flour, we do use domino sugar, oil only with hechsher. Bakers choice makes most fondant, icing and decorating supplies, that is what I buy.
I would never ask before sending my kid to a party, and while I would be annoyed to hear the mother didn’t conform to school rules (where over 50% are makpid about this), I would still allow my kid to go and eat at the party. The kid is young (if they’re still having parties) and I’d be uncomfortable making my kid feel like they’re losing out due to a chumra not halacha. OU is kosher, period. They have certain kulos that we don’t rely on which is why we want the heimish hechsher. But that doesn’t make it any less kosher.

I agree with this. The rule in my house is that we don't buy OU. But if it's already in the house for some reason I wouldn't make my kids throw it away. I know that when my kids are by certain houses they will probably eat OU. At a certain age they ask me what hechsher it is and they decide themselves not to eat it.

Ruchel

Post Sat, Oct 26 2019, 1:51 pm
Nutella is NOT mehadrin

seeker

Post Sat, Oct 26 2019, 7:54 pm
Ruchel wrote:
Nutella is NOT mehadrin

Nutola is a brand of oil (and apparently shortening too according to this thread.) No idea what hechsher. Nutella is a totally different product and is the stuff my nightmares are made of because of allergies plus stickiness.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen