Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
What is happening in Lawrence?!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 4:45 pm
https://www.nysut.org/news/nys.....veres

This is such a chillul Hashem! What is going on? What is the school board thinking?!

Sebastian

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 4:47 pm
It has to do with the funding formula

amother
Ivory

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 5:53 pm
What does it have to do with chilul Hashem? (Lawrence is my school district)

amother
Azure

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 5:58 pm
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:

I looked up the names of the people who are the Trustees. I think that is what OP is pointing to.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 10:12 pm
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:

The article clearly states that the majority of students in the district do not attend public school. Doesn't take a rocket scientist....

I would like someone to explain what is going on. I thought a fum-majority school board would have the sechel to avoid another Ramapo PR disaster but apparently not?!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 12 2020, 7:38 pm
And the chillul Hashem continues. My public school district union president emailed the hundreds of members to wear red in solidarity with the Lawrence TA this coming Friday, along with an accompanying article slamming the Lawrence Orthodox community and school board for the Lawrence TA being 9 years without a contract. I wish that the Lawrence school board would understand that all of Long Island is looking at them.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 17 2023, 8:52 pm
Bumping up my own thread. There is going to be a massive rally in Cedarhurst park this Sunday morning to protest that the Lawrence teachers have been without a contract for 12 (!!!) years. I just don't get it!

PS if you live in Cedarhurst you will definitely not want to be in that area Sunday morning. There are thousands of people descending from all over Long Island who will be looking to park their cars in town. Not the morning to do your usual Sunday morning Gourmet Glatt grocery run!

amother
Eggplant

Post Mon, Apr 17 2023, 9:05 pm
amother OP wrote:
The article clearly states that the majority of students in the district do not attend public school. Doesn't take a rocket scientist....

I would like someone to explain what is going on. I thought a fum-majority school board would have the sechel to avoid another Ramapo PR disaster but apparently not?!

Same as they were thinking in East Ramapo. A huge chillul Hashem and shows we only care about Jewish kids.

BaltoMom65

Post Mon, Apr 17 2023, 10:15 pm
This IS a chillul Hashem

amother
Banana

Post Mon, Apr 17 2023, 10:18 pm
Lots of info missing here
Wouldn’t jump to any assumptions or conclusions.

BaltoMom65

Post Mon, Apr 17 2023, 10:19 pm
amother Banana wrote:
Lots of info missing here
Wouldn’t jump to any assumptions
That's true too

amother
Banana

Post Mon, Apr 17 2023, 10:19 pm
Not even gonna get into what the public schools are promoting
Now that IS a true chilul Hashem.

amother
Eggplant

Post Mon, Apr 17 2023, 11:11 pm
amother Banana wrote:

Because of vague grievances about LGBT, non-Jewish kids shouldn’t have paras and teachers?

amother
Azalea

Post Tue, Apr 18 2023, 12:26 am
amother Banana wrote:

Negative. Lawrence school district is conservative with old fashioned family values.

amother
Azalea

Post Tue, Apr 18 2023, 12:27 am
amother OP wrote:
Bumping up my own thread. There is going to be a massive rally in Cedarhurst park this Sunday morning to protest that the Lawrence teachers have been without a contract for 12 (!!!) years. I just don't get it!

PS if you live in Cedarhurst you will definitely not want to be in that area Sunday morning. There are thousands of people descending from all over Long Island who will be looking to park their cars in town. Not the morning to do your usual Sunday morning Gourmet Glatt grocery run!

Does anyone know why they have been without a contact for 12 years?

amother
Peachpuff

Post Tue, Apr 18 2023, 12:59 am
amother Eggplant wrote:
Same as they were thinking in East Ramapo. A huge chillul Hashem and shows we only care about Jewish kids.

I'm not sure what you mean in reference to East Ramapo. But I know firsthand that the corruption in funding has nothing to do with jewish people.

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Tue, Apr 18 2023, 1:15 am
Wow. It's not even chassidish this time . How are Imamothers that hate chassidim going to eat this?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries