Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Bra fittings, large sizes, monsey

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 04 2019, 4:46 pm
Hi,
I am very much in need of a good bra fitting (just stopped nursing)
Where would you recommend, in or near Monsey, which has a large selection of large sizes. (And hopefully not expensive too!)

(I have found previously in frum lingerie stores they may measure you well but then the biggest they have is a 38C and so they somehow shtup you in that...)

Thank you

Gneshe

Post Mon, Nov 04 2019, 4:51 pm
Prim in Monsey Town Square mall is supposed to be good, as well as a store in New Square.

amother
Royalblue

Post Mon, Nov 04 2019, 5:08 pm
I love store in new square. Great fittings. I just call before to make sure Mrs fishel is in. I like the way she does it

amother
Goldenrod

Post Mon, Nov 04 2019, 5:13 pm
Chic lingerie at the atrium is the best in fitting in monsey.

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Nov 04 2019, 5:26 pm
I don’t know if this is still an issue but the New Square one used to not sell colored bras. Only white , beige and pink because it was considered “not tznius” by them to wear colored . They didn’t have black either.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Mon, Nov 04 2019, 5:29 pm
They wouldn't sell black but they did sell pink?? Interesting!

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Nov 04 2019, 5:35 pm
Robe Gallery is great, they have a big selection and good fitters, across shell near evergreen, near Frankel's shoes

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Nov 04 2019, 5:41 pm
amother [ Goldenrod ] wrote:
They wouldn't sell black but they did sell pink?? Interesting!
like pale pink that is close to nude color.

amother
Aubergine

Post Mon, Nov 04 2019, 5:41 pm
I was always fitted best in New Square. I went to other places and never happy. If I remember correctly they sell black bras also.

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Nov 04 2019, 5:43 pm
amother [ Aubergine ] wrote:
I was always fitted best in New Square. I went to other places and never happy. If I remember correctly they sell black bras also.

It may have changed over the years. The last time I was there was 13 yrs ago and I back then they didn’t have . But they were indeed the best fitters I’ve had.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 04 2019, 6:09 pm
And all these places mentioned carry selection of large sizes too? (Band and cup?)

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Nov 04 2019, 7:13 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
And all these places mentioned carry selection of large sizes too? (Band and cup?)
Maybe call
Robe Gallery is 426-0755

amother
Aubergine

Post Mon, Nov 04 2019, 7:40 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Fashion fit in new square does

amother
Puce

Post Fri, Nov 08 2019, 2:23 pm
Robe gallery had bigger sizes and the lady who owns it (I think Rabinowitz) is really sweet. I am narrow with a large cup size and she really worked with me to get something that worked for me

amother
Firebrick

Post Fri, Nov 08 2019, 2:30 pm
amother [ Puce ] wrote:
Robe gallery had bigger sizes and the lady who owns it (I think Rabinowitz) is really sweet. I am narrow with a large cup size and she really worked with me to get something that worked for me

Same here.
Mrs Rabinowitz is excellent

amother
Copper

Post Fri, Nov 08 2019, 2:41 pm
Mrs Fischel in New Square is the best.

I moved to Lakewood a few years ago and have tried local places . Not saying that Lakewood has no one good, but no one as good as Mrs Fischel. To the point that I commute for bras lol.

Good luck!

amother
Puce

Post Fri, Nov 08 2019, 3:14 pm
amother [ Firebrick ] wrote:
Same here.
Mrs Rabinowitz is excellent

Back in the day in one of the older stores they would make me get a larger band size and take it in and it never fit quite the same as a bra that is actually your size! And the lady there always made me feel so huge. At the time I was a 30C and in 8th grade which is that awkward age - not cool! and now I’m more like 32 D or DD and with Mrs Rabinowitz she was always so nice and especially to the kids who are so embarrassed.

amother
Ruby

Post Fri, Nov 08 2019, 3:23 pm
Another vote for fashion fit in new square

amother
Aquamarine

Post Fri, Nov 08 2019, 3:25 pm
New Square is amazing.

amother
Coral

Post Sat, Nov 09 2019, 8:14 pm
It depends on what a large size means. If you are sized above DD, every store mentioned on this thread fits you with the idea of minimizing. They still will sew down and alter strap and band to "fit" you better.
This may work for you, but we are a family of truly large cup sizes ( think G, H, I) though narrow band sizes ( ie 28, 30, 32, 34) and find the fit in the Jewish stores in monsey awful.
Better luck with Her Room and Bare Necessities online.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries