Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
For any mom who went off of dairy while bf
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 11:14 am
How long until you went back on?
My cutie pie is 2 months old, and I've been off of dairy since he was 2 weeks. I see a huge difference, b"H!!! He's so much more settled. Every time I think it's ok to go back to dairy, it bothers his stomach again. Poor dude.
How much longer?

amother
Jetblack

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 11:17 am
Till I was done sorry not the answer you wanted but baby weaned under a year and was fine with dairy just sestive as a baby

Cheiny

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 11:21 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
How long until you went back on?
My cutie pie is 2 months old, and I've been off of dairy since he was 2 weeks. I see a huge difference, b"H!!! He's so much more settled. Every time I think it's ok to go back to dairy, it bothers his stomach again. Poor dude.
How much longer?

As long as you’re nursing.

awesomemother

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 11:22 am
I went off dairy from when my baby was about 2/3 weeks old until about 4 months. Then I started eating dairy very slowly. Had a little at a time and then added more over about 2 weeks. Bh he was totally fine with it at that point.

Tzutzie

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 11:24 am
When baby was around 4 months I tried just a tiny bit. He's ok with just a bit here and there. Like, an oz with the coffee.... very other day. or a small slice of cheese in the omelet....

Till 3 months babies Timmy's are the most sensitive. Try again in 5 weeks or so. See how it goes.

Also, for sensitive babies, it's great for mommy to take a digestive enzymes 3x a day with main meals. GL

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 11:33 am
As long as I was nursing. If you do eat it occasionally try taking digestive enzymes with that meal to help break it down so it shouldn’t bother baby so much.

JoyInTheMorning

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 11:34 am
I went off dairy, and between one thing and another, nursed for years, and therefore stayed off dairy for years. I'm now lactose intolerant. But it's not that big a deal; there's Lactaid milk products.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 11:34 am
Till I'm done nursing? I'm gonna get so skinny yay.
I have a teeny bit here and there. A sip from my son's milkshake, a square of chocolate, a bite from my husband's pizza. It doesnt affect him. But when I eat a whole slice of pizza, he's so sad the next 2 days. For now, my fridge and freezer are stocked with daiya cheese and trader joe's ice cream.
What are digestive enzymes, and where do I find them?

amother
Blue

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 11:38 am
I didn't go back on until 11 months. My baby was reacting to other things in my milk besides dairy, and the GI said most babies outgrow it by a year. I didn't try earlier, but it might've been okay.

the world's best mom

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 12:09 pm
Dairy usually stopped hurting my baby's stomach at 4-5 months old.

amother
Burlywood

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 12:33 pm
I would go off dairy to help my colicky infant but I need that bit of milk in my coffee. Is that bit ok or also not? And can someone post a link to digestive enzymes preferably on Amazon

amother
Peach

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 1:59 pm
amother [ Burlywood ] wrote:
I would go off dairy to help my colicky infant but I need that bit of milk in my coffee. Is that bit ok or also not? And can someone post a link to digestive enzymes preferably on Amazon

My baby was not ok with it, but I discovered that califia farms almond milk is actually not bad in my coffee. Every other milk substitute that I tried was pretty gross. It is SO SO worth it for me, my baby is completely chilled now. Never makes a peep unless he's hungry or tired, and even then he complains instead of screaming.

ima22

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 2:03 pm
I only went OFF dairy when my baby was 10 months and didn't go back on until I had weaned the baby. that in itself took a very long time since he refused even trying formula and couldn't tolerate most - even the nutramigen/alimentum. we ended up on elecare but it was a very slow weaning process

Tzutzie

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 2:06 pm

Try vanilla soy milk. It tastes different but yuumy!!! Better than milk imo. (Although now in avoiding soy too. And coffee. Lol.)

https://www.koshervitamins.com.....D_BwE
This is the one I'm currently using. I'm sure you can find cheaper ones if you look. But it's working beautifully for me. I'm not messing with it now.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 2:14 pm
Is all dairy equal? What about goat milk or processed milk?

amother
Plum

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 2:48 pm
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:

Are all babies' milk sensitivities equal?

You need to try it out and see what your child can and can't tolerate.

One of my children was able to tolerate mozzarella cheese, cheddar cheese, and pizza when I ate it while breastfeeding, but couldn't deal with actual milk, yogurt, or soft cheeses.

The other child would start screaming if I nursed her after eating or drinking the slightest amount of anything dairy.

amother
Peach

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 2:55 pm
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:

My baby is actually fine with me eating a little sheep milk feta cheese. He isn't as thrilled with goat cheese. I figured this out through trial and error. And I avoid cow's milk in all forms, including processed foods.

eschaya

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 8:16 pm
I initially went off dairy, soy, corn, cruciferous vegis, chocolate, acidic fruit (and more...) and slowly added most things back except dairy and soy. I waited till my baby stopped nursing around 9 months. It was hard, but I saw such a major difference.
But I gotta say, that first bite of dairy (it was nachos) was amazing.

I used almond milk as a substitute and actually grew to like it quite a bit.

edited: My pediatrician said that if you will be adding dairy back in, do it in this order: hard cheeses, soft cheeses, yogurt, milk

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 8:58 pm

I dont drink coffee, but I've heard that both oatly oat milk and califa farms almond milk are good substitutes.

Enzymes are for me or for baby? I'm gonna order them right now

amother
Burlywood

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 9:51 pm
If my baby, 2 mos old, is calm by day and only cries at night, would eliminating dairy help for that? Or if it was a milk sensitivity wouldn't it cause pain all day too?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics