Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Adaptors and chargers and transformers oh my!

shanarishona

Post Tue, Nov 19 2019, 10:34 pm
What do I need for charging stuff in Israel:

my iphone
my spectra pump
macbook computer
etc....

Thank you!

cfel

Post Tue, Nov 19 2019, 10:52 pm
Your devices should all say the voltage on it. If it says 110-220 then you'll need a simple 2 prong adapter. If you need to convert the voltage then a transformer/ converter would need to be used.

Smile1234

Post Tue, Nov 19 2019, 11:12 pm
Is the pump 110-240 compatible? If not it’s more complicated.

For cell phone and laptop I’ve always just used those little black or white adapters that change the plug from a us plug to Fit into an Israeli outlet. I’ve heard people say not to do it for laptops as the computers are often three prong and the adapters only two, but I’ve done it for years at a time with no problems. My current laptop charger is actually two prong. I don’t know what the MacBooks have.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Wed, Nov 20 2019, 12:22 am
Macbook and iPhone will be fine with the cheap adapters. If you wanted to spend $$$ you could get the Mac-specific adapters that plug into your charging brick. (But don't.)

For the pump, unless you have a specific model, that cheap adapter will work as well: "All Spectra breast pumps except for the Dew 350 are dual voltage, meaning that as long as you have the correct international power adaptor, you can charge or power your Spectra breast pump abroad."

The transformers are expensive and not very reliable, so that's good news!

shanarishona

Post Thu, Nov 21 2019, 10:22 pm
Thank you! Right now I think I just need an adapter, not a transformer.
If I need a transformer, can I easily get one in Israel?

Iymnok

Post Fri, Nov 22 2019, 2:04 am
Yes. Those are available at any electronics store.

Ruchel

Post Fri, Nov 22 2019, 6:41 am
Most stuff was the same (maybe all?).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions