Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
What are all the Chinese signs on 46/14 in BP?
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 2:14 pm
Two private homes in the heart of BP have only Chinese signs. What do they say? I think those houses were for sale, were they sold?

ra_mom

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 2:16 pm
I guess if you post pictures of the signs, maybe someone here can decipher them.

DrMom

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 2:44 pm
Why do you want to know?
Do you want to buy them?

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 2:51 pm
It's a Chinese realty. I'm not sure why somebody would sell their homes through a realtor that doesn't even advertise in Boro Park. I did see those homes on Zillow. They are also very over priced, I think 5 million for a very dated styled house. If somebody could afford a five million dollar home I don't see why they would buy those.

groisamomma

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 3:34 pm
Oy, this thread reminds me of the lemonade story and the overpriced house. Anyone remember it? Still creeps me out to this day.

Just looked it up. It's called The Right Kind of House.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 3:39 pm
DrMom wrote:
Why do you want to know?
Do you want to buy them?

Why do you want to know why I want to know? Very Happy

amother
Aqua

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 3:40 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Two private homes in the heart of BP have only Chinese signs. What do they say? I think those houses were for sale, were they sold?

I think the signs say that the houses are for sale.

I don't know why the signs are not in English.

trixx

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 3:48 pm
groisamomma wrote:
Oy, this thread reminds me of the lemonade story and the overpriced house. Anyone remember it? Still creeps me out to this day.

Just looked it up. It's called The Right Kind of House.

Great story, just looked it up.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 4:12 pm
They want to scare the jewish pple that they are selling it to Chinese. The Chinese pay cash and any price. So they want jewish pple to pay top dollar and in cash.

amother
Babyblue

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 4:22 pm
The house behind on 47 is also on sale.
Zillow has it valued as 3.5 million. They want 5 million. No one lived in it for 20 years .
A neighbor offered 4 million. The owner wants more so he said he will give it to Chinese realty so some Chinese will pay the price. Meanwhile it's been months and not one of 3 homes were sold.

amother
Aqua

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 4:30 pm
amother [ Babyblue ] wrote:
The house behind on 47 is also on sale.
Zillow has it valued as 3.5 million. They want 5 million. No one lived in it for 20 years .
A neighbor offered 4 million. The owner wants more so he said he will give it to Chinese realty so some Chinese will pay the price. Meanwhile it's been months and not one of 3 homes were sold.

I heard that one of the homes were sold. It was occupied. One of the homes had a shul in the basement, and the owner lived above the shul. One of the homes had people living on each floor. and the married children would come in for the holidays, they probably stayed in the unoccupied home. These homes were owned by a rich family, so they probably are in good condition. They had ladies taking care of the place.

doodlesmom

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 6:59 pm
Ha ha I'm just imagining how the Chinese are viewing that area as an out of the area buy (like we jews viewed the 60/20s area and any other neighborhood a bit removed from where jews live) which will eventually be centrally located for them. A risk with potential as you may.

amother
Denim

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 7:12 pm
my parents sold their home in Hillcrest queens to a chinese family they got $4hundred and fifty dollare for an attached plain house that was alot of money back then
the neighbors were also chinese and you couldnt even hear them thru the walls

before they sold the house my parents attached home's neighbors were a lovely chinese family with children we invited them to our birthday partys

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 7:40 pm
amother [ Denim ] wrote:
my parents sold their home in Hillcrest queens to a chinese family they got $4hundred and fifty dollare for an attached plain house that was alot of money back then
the neighbors were also chinese and you couldnt even hear them thru the walls

If anyone Chinese pays 1 1/2 times what the going rate is, which is insanely high these days, are doing it to rent every room to another family and share kitchen priveleges Not palatable to the BP people living there.

Chinese people who can afford those prices for a house for themselves, for ONE family to live in, would no doubt be happier with a big house in Nassau County! Who are we kidding? A purchase like this is for room rental!

amother
Aqua

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 8:15 pm
When the homes went up for sale, I dreamed of buying it. I live nearby, and I like the fact that one of the homes has a shul, and I figured since rich people owned it, the homes are probably in very good condition.

But I can't afford to buy them, or any other property at the moment.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 8:18 pm
Other than getting higher prices, might thee be other reasons sellers would prefer to sell to non Jewish buyers?

flowerpower

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 8:32 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Other than getting higher prices, might thee be other reasons sellers would prefer to sell to non Jewish buyers?

Are the owners jewish?

amother
Aqua

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 8:37 pm
flowerpower wrote:
Are the owners jewish?

Yes, the original owners were business people that had a shul, holocaust survivors that have passed on. Their married children live elsewhere.

amother
Aqua

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 8:45 pm
Maybe they do want to sell it to Jewish people? Maybe this realtor was recommended for some reason?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 8:49 pm
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
Maybe they do want to sell it to Jewish people? Maybe this realtor was recommended for some reason?

Ive been living in BP for more than 50 years B"H. This is clearly a unique situation with "For Sale" signs without a word of English on homes in the heart of Boro Park. Im sure like the sun will come out tomorrow, that theres more to this than anyone but the family is aware of.

And aside from that, I thought youre only allowed to sell a Shul to Jews?
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries