Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
How much are apartments/houses in Israel?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 05 2020, 7:51 am
Not in a fancy or expensive area.
Just to get an idea.
Thank you.

banana123

Post Sun, Jan 05 2020, 7:53 am
Where?

rivkam

Post Sun, Jan 05 2020, 7:55 am
You can look at yad2 and search any area in the country. If you give more specifics about size of the apartment and the city, woman on here may be able to give you an estimate.

Rappel

Post Sun, Jan 05 2020, 8:21 am
In Itamar, brand new 3 bedroom houses + garden are going for 1.1 million shekels. 1/3 dunam, option to build a second floor.

In Kochav Hashachar, similar houses are going for 1.25 million. 2 floor houses are going for 1.6. Also 1/3 dunam. (All these places are listed as 1/2 dunam, but the street and parking spaces and things take up some of that land.)

In Maskiyot, 1.1 million shekel gets you a new house on a 1 dunam plot.

Those are the only places I know current prices in. I think Shiloh is going for 1.5 million shek for 3 bedroom houses, but I'm not certain. Like anywhere, you can get an older/less well built house for less.

Rappel

Post Sun, Jan 05 2020, 8:30 am
A dunam is a quarter acre, btw.

ora_43

Post Sun, Jan 05 2020, 9:13 am
In Haifa you can get a 4-bedroom apartment (around 120-130 square meters total) in a decent neighborhood for 1.2-1.4 million (shekels).

Just north of Haifa in the Krayot prices are a little lower.

In Jerusalem the only apartments I heard of for anywhere near that price are in parts of downtown that aren't family-friendly, to put it mildly. A friend who lives there said around 1.5 million for a 3-bedroom apartment (around 80 square meters). In a neighborhood like Har Nof or Katamon an apartment that size would be around 2 million; a larger apartment (eg around 100 square meters) would be more like 2.2-2.5 million.

In central Israel prices are even higher, although there are some big apartments and even semi-detached houses in the 1.9-2.5 million range in Or Yehuda and Lod (both are relatively high-crime areas, but do have shuls and nice communities as well).

In Petach Tikva (a nice area with a large religious community) prices are more like 2 million for a large (4-5 room, 100-120 square meters) apartment.

amother
cornflower

Post Sun, Jan 05 2020, 9:20 am
OP, your question is really like asking, "How much are houses in America?"
Every city and neighborhood can be such a huge range.
Just like you can't compare New York or Los Angeles with Kansas and Tennessee, and even neighborhoods within those states, it's the same thing in Israel. City by city will vary insanely. You need to be more specific.

SacN

Post Sun, Jan 05 2020, 12:55 pm
Quote:
In Jerusalem the only apartments I heard of for anywhere near that price are in parts of downtown that aren't family-friendly, to put it mildly. A friend who lives there said around 1.5 million for a 3-bedroom apartment (around 80 square meters). In a neighborhood like Har Nof or Katamon an apartment that size would be around 2 million; a larger apartment (eg around 100 square meters) would be more like 2.2-2.5 million.

This sounds low to me. I live in a shfela/mercaz city and I know people who moved here because it was cheaper than Jerusalem. New construction here is 1.6 for a 3 room - 2 bedroom 78-80 meters. Old walk up 3rd floors that aren't renovated in 30 years may be 1.3. Houses go up to 3+. I highly doubt there are decent 3-4 room apartments in Har Nof for 2.2 million.

banana123

Post Sun, Jan 05 2020, 1:26 pm
SacN wrote:
Quote:

This sounds low to me. I live in a shfela/mercaz city and I know people who moved here because it was cheaper than Jerusalem. New construction here is 1.6 for a 3 room - 2 bedroom 78-80 meters. Old walk up 3rd floors that aren't renovated in 30 years may be 1.3. Houses go up to 3+. I highly doubt there are decent 3-4 room apartments in Har Nof for 2.2 million.

Really? That's outrageous.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sun, Jan 05 2020, 2:04 pm
I live in the gush. we bought, on paper, three years ago. 4 bedroom, one floor, 140 meters, for 1.5 m.
But homes that have been around for over 30 years, double the size, that are going for sale are anywhere from 2.4 and up, way up.

OP, you have to be more specific. Prices are different all over the country.

SacN

Post Sun, Jan 05 2020, 4:36 pm
Quote:

I mean, I'm not in Har Nof. But I find it outrageous that apartments of 80 meters can go for 1.6 in my area. I think outside of Tel Aviv+, Har Nof is one of the most expensive neighborhoods in the country.

amother
Rose

Post Sun, Jan 05 2020, 7:31 pm
SacN wrote:
Quote:

I mean, I'm not in Har Nof. But I find it outrageous that apartments of 80 meters can go for 1.6 in my area. I think outside of Tel Aviv+, Har Nof is one of the most expensive neighborhoods in the country.

Yes, Har Nof is extremely expensive, as is Ramat Eshkol, Bayit Vegan, Romema, Baka, Arnona, Old Katamon, Rechavia, Sharei chessed etc etc. A family member recently bought a three bedroom small apartment in Neve Yaakov in a new building and it was over 500,000 dollars. ( And neve yaakov is way north, not central jlem by any means)
Put it this way- If I sold my little four bedroom ground floor apartment located in one of the less desirable locations of Jerusalem I could buy a huge house somewhere OOT in America. But I wouldn't trade it for anything.... But yes, Jerusalem is objectively extremely expensive.

amother
Coffee

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 12:49 am
And where would be a nice affordable dati leumi place to buy an apartment?
A place that has city amenities, good hospitals, some kind of international school?

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 2:34 am
amother [ Coffee ] wrote:
A place that has city amenities, good hospitals, some kind of international school?

I don't think there's a religious international school anywhere in Israel, if you mean a high school that gives an international baccalaureate degree.

Housing near hospitals in Jerusalem and Tell Aviv and Petach Tikva is pretty expensive. It's less in Haifa, Nahariya or Beersheba, but there's not much of a religious Anglo community nearby.

What's your price range, and what size apartment do you want?

A pilot trip would be a good idea.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 4:13 am
Do you want to buy or rent? How many rooms? Remember, in Israel the living counts as a room. Nobody speaks in terms of "X bedrooms". If you need a 3 bedroom apartment in the US= 4 room apartment in Israel.

In which area are we talking about?

Anglo areas are always crazy expensive (like Raanana or Jerusalem, certain areas)

Do you have children? I am thinking abt school options. Quality of education varies TREMENDOUSLY depending where you live.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 4:22 am

You will not like this: IMO there is no such thing as nice affordable place with city amenities, good hospitals and international school. Whoever tells you this is smoking illegal substances.

I have been living in Israel (TLV area) since 1993.

DrMom

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 6:11 am
There is an international school in Herzliya Pituach (the school is not dati).
Herzliya Pituach is mega-expensive -- most ambassadors live there (hence the International school).

There are a few others; check this list.
https://www.expat-quotes.com/g.....l.htm

They are, in general, expensive and not geared toward religious Jews.

If you want a school that helps ease kids into learning in Hebrew, check out the Naaleh program. They have some DL-compatible options.
https://www.naale-elite-academy.com/en/

amother
Lime

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 6:46 am

There is an international school in Even Yehuda.
However, as others have said, it is very secular.
I don't think there is a religious international school. By definition, how could there be? They accept all religions.

The more you move away from the center, the cheaper the housing usually is. So Be'er Sheva is probably quite cheap (and has a hospital). Most cities do have some sort of dati leumi community.

Also, cities over the 'green line' also tend to be cheaper.

That said, there are pockets of very expensive yeshuvim spread throughout the country. But the general rule is the farther from Tel Aviv/Jerusalem, the cheaper.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 6:48 am
DrMom wrote:
There is an international school in Herzliya Pituach (the school is not dati).
Herzliya Pituach is mega-expensive -- most ambassadors live there (hence the International school).

I think Herzeliya Pituach was and still is the number one on real estate prices in Israel. Only for the creme de la creme people.

amother
Lime

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 7:05 am
Also, any city with an international school is more expensive, as it draws the type of successful professionals who can afford it. Even Yehuda, therefore, is a lot more expensive than you would expect a place in that location to be.

ETA - as far as I know, tuition for an international school is sky high. Otherwise, everyone would be registering.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions