Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Attention sheitelmachers

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 23 2020, 1:35 pm
I wonder what the rule usually is with most wig salons with this situation:

If someone comes and purchase a wig , and makes up with the sheitelmacher to pay in payments . Do u give a certain dead line when the wig has to be paid up or its ok it sits in the salon untill its fully paid up?

Im in this situation right now. I bought a very expensive wig and we made up that I will devide the money , 1,ooo dollars in 2 months. I gave 1,000 already , now it came up a very big expense for us in between and I told my sheitelmacher that im soo sorry for the delay but " it will be impossible for me to pay it up right now so it will be paid up longer then expected " she is upset and pressures me she needs the money couse she has to pay up the company. I never heard that a worker will depend on her client to pay the companey , I understand she has to pay the companey and thats why she is looking to sell her wigs sooner the better , but what is if someone just finds herself in debt and cannot pay up right away . Wouldnt she just wait patiently if the wig sits there and is not picked up and not styled or cut yet? I did tell her im sorry what came up and I dont mind if she sells to a different client so she can make back her money sooner . . Im just wondering how other wig salons deal with this situation when a client just cant pay up @ the moment?

amother
Emerald

Post Thu, Jan 23 2020, 1:38 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I wonder what the rule usually is with most wig salons with this situation:

If someone comes and purchase a wig , and makes up with the sheitelmacher to pay in payments . Do u give a certain dead line when the wig has to be paid up or its ok it sits in the salon untill its fully paid up?

Im in this situation right now. I bought a very expensive wig and we made up that I will devide the money , 1,ooo dollars in 2 months. I gave 1,000 already , now it came up a very big expense for us in between and I told my sheitelmacher that im soo sorry for the delay but " it will be impossible for me to pay it up right now so it will be paid up longer then expected " she is upset and pressures me she needs the money couse she has to pay up the company. I never heard that a worker will depend on her client to pay the companey , I understand she has to pay the companey and thats why she is looking to sell her wigs sooner the better , but what is if someone just finds herself in debt and cannot pay up right away . Wouldnt she just wait patiently if the wig sits there and is not picked up and not styled or cut yet? I did tell her im sorry what came up and I dont mind if she sells to a different client so she can make back her money sooner . . Im just wondering how other wig salons deal with this situation when a client just cant pay up @ the moment?

I think you’re expecting too much. Sheitel machers don’t usually have payment plans. She did you a favor, expecting you to hold up your end of the bargain. I understand you can’t because something came up, but that’s not her problem; she has a right to enforce the agreement you made, and you should find a way to keep your word.
Most places take a deposit and you have to pay up when it’s ready. Or if you buy it ready to wear, you must pay on the spot.

cnc

Post Thu, Jan 23 2020, 1:39 pm
I’m not a shaitel macher - but I know that they do need to pay the company. They sort of have the wigs on consignment .....

applesbananas

Post Thu, Jan 23 2020, 1:40 pm
Im a sheitel macher. Im so sorry you are going thru financial hardship. I don't accept payment plans BUT pls realize that she must pay the company for it as soom as its sold. Shes only making a small mark up on thr price of the wig. So no, she doesnt want to lay out thousands of dollars for u- that is totally normal. If it isnt cut or colored yet and no customization have been made on your behalf then I think its best to try and get a refund (if shes willing) and dont take the wig for now or until you can pay for it in full...

mimimom

Post Thu, Jan 23 2020, 1:41 pm
Bottom line. You voluntarily agreed to pay a certain amount on a certain date. You now want to break that agreement. Is that the right thing to do? Regardless of whether the shaitelmacher needs to money or not you still are obligated to honor your agreement. Perhaps next time buy a less expensive shaitel. This time you need to pay her as you agreed. What makes the other expense, which you incurred later, more important to honor? Borrow from a gemach, or family/friend, and next time save the money first BEFORE you agree to the purchase. An expensive shaitel is not a necessity to go into debt for!

naturalmom5

Post Thu, Jan 23 2020, 2:55 pm
Put it on your credit card or take out a loan

If you dont have good credit and cant do that, the Shidduch macher was too nice or naiive not to check your credit score first

Good luck

amother
Green

Post Thu, Jan 23 2020, 3:11 pm
That is why I never do payment plans anymore (too many headaches with people not paying up when promised).
Your SM has a right to be upset with you (in a professional way lol, she shouldn't be talking nasty).
We get the wigs on consignment and as soon as a deposit is given on a wig the company expects payment. I can hold off for a little bit but not too long.
These wigs cost us a lot and it's not realistic to lay out the money.
Try to see if you can work out a way to come up with the money, or maybe divide it into a few smaller payments.

amother
Orange

Post Thu, Jan 23 2020, 3:12 pm
Payment plans are not the norm. I take half the payment when picking the wig and half when we cut it and you take it home.
It's a halacha to pay a worker on time.
Once a shaitle macher cuts a wig, she must pay the company in full immediately.
It's not right not to pay.
Get a loan.

amother
Green

Post Thu, Jan 23 2020, 3:14 pm
applesbananas wrote:
Im a sheitel macher. Im so sorry you are going thru financial hardship. I don't accept payment plans BUT pls realize that she must pay the company for it as soom as its sold. Shes only making a small mark up on thr price of the wig. So no, she doesnt want to lay out thousands of dollars for u- that is totally normal. If it isnt cut or colored yet and no customization have been made on your behalf then I think its best to try and get a refund (if shes willing) and dont take the wig for now or until you can pay for it in full...

The point of a deposit is to guarantee the sale. Non refundable. The SM likely invested time with op, bringing in pieces, testing them and choosing the perfect wig.
I would not give a refund happily.

amother
Wheat

Post Thu, Jan 23 2020, 3:25 pm
amother [ Green ] wrote:
The point of a deposit is to guarantee the sale. Non refundable. The SM likely invested time with op, bringing in pieces, testing them and choosing the perfect wig.
I would not give a refund happily.

Everyone is different in this regard. Id rather give a refund. The aggravation isnt worth it to me..

amother
Brown

Post Thu, Jan 23 2020, 3:28 pm
OP, is it possible to work out a payment plan with smaller amounts?
My sheitel macher is very flexible with payment plans and lets you take home the wig after you give a deposit.

zoom

Post Thu, Jan 23 2020, 4:20 pm
I bought a very expensive wig and worked out a payment plan for over 6 months. obviously I was wearing he wig until I paid up.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels