Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
Choc dipped peanut butter balls from Kosher Palette

loveit

Post Wed, Dec 12 2007, 7:30 am
I'm looking for the recipe for chocolate dipped peanut butter balls and I think it's in Kosher Palette. Can someone please post it if you have it? Thanks so much!

greeneyes

Post Wed, Dec 12 2007, 8:41 am
Peanut Butter & Chocolate Bonbons pg 254

1/2 cup unsalted margarine, melted
1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
1 (16-ounce) box powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 (12-ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate morsels
3 T. vegetable shortening

Combine margarine, peanut butter, sugar, & vanilla in a large bowl; mix until smooth.

Shape mixture into 1-inch balls & place on a foil lined baking sheet. Freeze for 1 hour.

Melt chocolate & shortening in top of a double boiler, stirring constantly until well blended.

Place a toothpick in the center of each ball & dip halfway into chocolate mixture. Return to baking sheet, chocolate side down, & freeze until ready to serve. To serve, place each ball in a candy-size paper cup & place on a serving platter. Can be stored in the freezer up to 1 month.

Yield: 7 to 8 dozen.

Very Happy

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Dec 12 2007, 10:16 am
oh, YUM !!!!!!!!!!!!!

loveit

Post Wed, Dec 12 2007, 12:47 pm
thank you so much!!

Is it possible to subs anthing for shortening? I don't know if I can get that here...Thanks for posting it so quickly!

greeneyes

Post Fri, Dec 14 2007, 10:11 am
I know it's probably too late by now, but I'm sure in this case you could easily substitute margarine for the shortening.

loveit

Post Mon, Dec 17 2007, 3:55 am
I made them last night and I used good quality dark chocolate bars and didn't add anything, came out really well! Maybe the shortening thickens it? or adds a better flavor because I know that the choc they use in the chips is not such good quality. Maybe next time I'll add some margarine to the chocolate.

To anyone who uses this recipe, it's super easy and it's impressive to your family and guests!! I love no bake desserts...

Bored

Post Mon, Dec 17 2007, 3:57 am
shortening helps with the melting process, keeps it from burning and stays smooth while it melts...

loveit

Post Mon, Dec 17 2007, 4:15 am
oh ok, guess that makes sense when using choc chips. I melt good quality dark choc all the time and does really well.

Mishie

Post Mon, Dec 17 2007, 10:28 am
SaraLiz, Which brand of chocolate do you use?

loveit

Post Tue, Dec 18 2007, 6:15 am
I just use the schmerlings 72% cocoa because it's the highest percentage of cocoa I can find, it tastes great and works really well in every recipe I've used.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins