Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Games
Free Rice - Give Tzedaka and Get Smart Too

amother

Post Tue, Dec 18 2007, 1:01 am
Play this vocabulary game and money from the advertisers will go to pay for rice for poor people.

http://www.freerice.com/

amother

Post Tue, Dec 18 2007, 1:08 am
Wow - what hashgacha pratis - I *just* discovered this site TODAY and shared it with my daughter... who e-mailed the link to one of her friends... hm... could her friend be your daughter? 8)

My daughter found it addicting (it's just a vocabulary quiz - but I also couldn't stop). She ended up "donating" over 2000 grains of rice in one sitting. It's supported by advertisers. Not a bad way to do a mitzvah while learning a thing or two!

amother

Post Tue, Dec 18 2007, 1:34 am
Wow, amother. That post was confusing. But after some time, I think I figured it out. The first letter of your English name is also the first letter of the alphabet?

amother

Post Tue, Dec 18 2007, 2:26 am
its the UN.
would we be feeding palestinians too? (As if we don't feed them enough already)

amother

Post Tue, Dec 18 2007, 2:27 am
Nope! Sorry! Guess it's really just an amazing hashgacha pratis!

amother

Post Tue, Dec 18 2007, 2:30 am
amother wrote:
Nope! Sorry! Guess it's really just an amazing hashgacha pratis!

oops - someone posted at the same time as me so that didn't make sense. I was responding to the question about my name starting with an A...

Anyway, is it true that the UN is behind the site? Well... if they are really donating RICE, I doubt it's for Palestinians for some reason. More likely poor people in Africa and Asia...

amother

Post Tue, Dec 18 2007, 2:32 am
it says donated through the UN.
I don't trust UN and I don't trust amnesty international

amnesty were collecting money outside a shopping mall once and at first I ignored them but then I turned back and said "as long as your people support my people getting blown up, you aren't seeing a dollar of mine"

greenfire

Post Tue, Dec 18 2007, 2:42 am
well so much for FUN and MITZVA ... are we being sabotoged - I think the world would be a better place - if people like you changed ... a little rice to feed the hungry would be another step towards the good of the world ... oh when moschiach comes ...

amother

Post Tue, Dec 18 2007, 2:43 am
greenfire wrote:
well so much for FUN and MITZVA ... are we being sabotoged - I think the world would be a better place - if people like you changed ... a little rice to feed the hungry would be another step towards the good of the world ... oh when moschiach comes ...

Thumbs Up Mr. Green

amother

Post Tue, Dec 18 2007, 4:35 am
Oh I have no problem feeding the hungry.
I'd just prefer doing it through people that I can trust with my money.
I don't trust antisemites who give money to palestinians with my money, plain and simple

catonmylap

Post Tue, Dec 18 2007, 8:59 am
You don't pay any money. You play for free and money is donated by the advertisers who advertise on that page.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics