Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Lakewood Boys Camps

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 04 2020, 11:04 pm
I'm looking for a camp for my primary age son. The big camps are not really for him. He needs more of a backyard type of camp where he wont get lost and that's a little more toned down. Does anyone know of anything like that?

amother
Brunette

Post Tue, Feb 04 2020, 11:12 pm
Hachee kedai!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 04 2020, 11:13 pm
amother [ Brunette ] wrote:
Hachee kedai!

Do you mind telling me more about it?

amother
Brunette

Post Tue, Feb 04 2020, 11:21 pm
Opening for 2nd season this year, run by very nice responsible people. Oldest group is going into 3rd.
They do go on trips, learn how to play sports and have a hotline: has the same fest as bigger camps but with a smaller and younger crowd.

There's another camp you can research camp nearim opening this year for primary and kindergarten (last year only kindergarten) but not sure of the size.

amother
White

Post Tue, Feb 04 2020, 11:33 pm
Yes!! I sent my son there last year and was thrilled! They ran a professional fun camp with TLC and concern for each camper! I was really impressed!!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 04 2020, 11:34 pm
Thanks. What is the crowd there like?

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, Feb 05 2020, 12:22 am
Nearim is really opening for the next age group? So excited, my son loved it last year!

amother
White

Post Wed, Feb 05 2020, 12:52 am
A mixture of different schools. I know there were kids from there toras Zev, Rabbi censors yeshiva, ohr hatorah. I think it was a really healthy mix. My son actually went alone and he made such nice friends there. I sent him cuz was a small camp with girl counselors... And a wonderful director who's been teaching boys for years!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 05 2020, 6:28 am
amother [ White ] wrote:
A mixture of different schools. I know there were kids from there toras Zev, Rabbi censors yeshiva, ohr hatorah. I think it was a really healthy mix. My son actually went alone and he made such nice friends there. I sent him cuz was a small camp with girl counselors... And a wonderful director who's been teaching boys for years!

Do you have contact info?

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, Feb 05 2020, 9:45 am
Years ago I sent to camp big boys, a backyard camp in the 14th St area for boys finishing primary. They offered transportation too

amother
Babypink

Post Wed, Feb 05 2020, 9:54 am
I was very happy with Torah Tours / Shulamis Schreiber for coming out of primary. Not sure if she's still doing it.

small bean

Post Wed, Feb 05 2020, 11:10 am
I was really happy with kesher at that age.

kollel wife

Post Wed, Feb 05 2020, 1:12 pm
There's a Brecher on Lexington, (yeshiva area) who makes a backyard boys camp. Her husband is a Rebbe and she had a lot of boy/age appropriate activities.

amother
Bottlebrush

Post Thu, Jan 18 2024, 12:50 pm
Any of these camps are for boys going into primary?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries