Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Its hard (impossible?) to love these Jewish brothers.
Previous  1  2

Odelyah

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 7:40 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Nah. They should do tshuva.

Heart Heart

change your name to Beruriah Smile

Odelyah

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 7:44 pm
Cheiny wrote:
You’re not supposed to love reshaim.

maybe not but you are supposed to daven that they do teshuva so they will no longer be reshaim.

leah233

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 7:47 pm
Year ago I was much more worked up over the Neturei Karta. Today however they are miniscule and much less damaging compared to groups like JVP , IfNotNow and to a lesser degree J Street.

Rabbi Berel Wien makes the following observation . (not in relation to this) Throughout history the most radical fringe orthodox groups, the most secular anti religious Jewish groups and the non -Jewish anti Semites have frequently shared and promoted identical political viewpoints in regard to issues of concern to the Jewish community.

This protest shows the truth of that observation. There is also similar footage of secular Jewish anti Israel groups doing the exact same thing

Last edited by leah233 on Mon, Feb 10 2020, 8:46 pm; edited 2 times in total

Jeanette

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 7:48 pm
Odelyah wrote:
maybe not but you are supposed to daven that they do teshuva so they will no longer be reshaim.

יתמו חטאים ולא חוטאים

fleetwood

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 7:49 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Presumably she's referring to what will happen to them at 120, as opposed to wishing that it happen tomorrow.

Yes..I'm not advocating death..just eternity in hell...

malki2

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 7:50 pm
fleetwood wrote:
Frum Jews who advocate death to Jews deserve to burn in hell. What does Sanders have to do with it...and no . I'm not a Bernie lover🙄

Do they actually advocate death to Jews? That’s a very strong accusation. Can you show me written or video proof of this,

fleetwood

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 8:34 pm
malki2 wrote:
Do they actually advocate death to Jews? That’s a very strong accusation. Can you show me written or video proof of this,

I saw it on signs in Israel this summer death to zionists..zionists are Jews.. therefore they are advocating death to Jews..not all Jews..just zionists...

Odelyah

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 8:44 pm
Jeanette wrote:
יתמו חטאים ולא חוטאים

yup Thumbs Up

u'reshaim od aynam (sorry I'm a bad Hebrew typer Wink)

Mevater

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 8:49 pm
Cheiny wrote:
Are you aware that there are people on this site who agree that the Jews are occupying arab land and that the palis should be given more Israeli land?

Hmmm... Interesting.

I thought Jews who are non supportive of Israel come from either the extreme left or the NK crowd.

I imagine NK kooks dont have internet bec theyre super observant, so I guess you mean theres Imamother lefty extremists here?

I thought the lefty extremists who dont support Israel are mostly not Sabbath Observant, and wouldnt be interested in Imamother.

I guess Im wrong somewhere.

b.chadash

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 8:50 pm
Cheiny wrote:
Unfortunately the dem party contains anti semites who openly advocate for BDS, cutting aid to Israel, and claim Israel tortures and oppresses they (fake) palis and is occupying arab land.

My goodness, what's the shaychus? We are talking about Jews here who claim to represent true Judaism. What's that got to do with dems?? What

soap suds

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 10:51 pm
Mevater wrote:
Hmmm... Interesting.

I thought Jews who are non supportive of Israel come from either the extreme left or the NK crowd.

I imagine NK kooks dont have internet bec theyre super observant, so I guess you mean theres Imamother lefty extremists here?

I thought the lefty extremists who dont support Israel are mostly not Sabbath Observant, and wouldnt be interested in Imamother.

I guess Im wrong somewhere.

They're on Twitter. Their handle is True Torah Jews or something like that.

Mevater

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 10:54 pm
soap suds wrote:
They're on Twitter. Their handle is True Torah Jews or something like that.

I would imagine theyre on the internet to further their "Heilig/noble" cause, but they allow their wives to be on Imamother?

Just One

Post Tue, Feb 11 2020, 12:50 am
Mevater wrote:
I would imagine theyre on the internet to further their "Heilig/noble" cause, but they allow their wives to be on Imamother?

I assume that poster was referring to Satmar chassidim and the like
For those who aren't familiar with the difference, Satmar is a totally different breed. Not fair to lump them together with NK

DrMom

Post Tue, Feb 11 2020, 1:03 am
leah233 wrote:
Year ago I was much more worked up over the Neturei Karta. Today however they are miniscule and much less damaging compared to groups like JVP , IfNotNow and to a lesser degree J Street.

Rabbi Berel Wien makes the following observation . (not in relation to this) Throughout history the most radical fringe orthodox groups, the most secular anti religious Jewish groups and the non -Jewish anti Semites have frequently shared and promoted identical political viewpoints in regard to issues of concern to the Jewish community.

This protest shows the truth of that observation. There is also similar footage of secular Jewish anti Israel groups doing the exact same thing

A astute observation... but it is more damaging if it comes from a group of Orthodox Jews.

NK propaganda is used by those around the world to bolster anti-Israel and anti-Semitic policies:

"See? Even Orthodox Jews agree with us! There are learned, super-duper Orthodox Jews (check out their authentic outfits!) who agree that that -- according to the Jewish religion(!) -- Israel is a wicked state which deserves to be destroyed."

Last edited by DrMom on Tue, Feb 11 2020, 1:04 am; edited 1 time in total

Mevater

Post Tue, Feb 11 2020, 1:04 am
Just One wrote:
I assume that poster was referring to Satmar chassidim and the like
For those who aren't familiar with the difference, Satmar is a totally different breed. Not fair to lump them together with NK

Of course NK isnt the same as Satmar!

Arent the NK way too extreme to allow wives to be on Imamother?

Just One

Post Tue, Feb 11 2020, 1:08 am
Mevater wrote:
Of course NK isnt the same as Satmar!

Arent the NK way too extreme to allow wives to be on Imamother?

I believe so Wink though I don't know any personally..... When I mentioned Satmar I was answering the first poster who referred to anti zionists on imamother

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Feb 11 2020, 4:59 am
b.chadash wrote:
No. You know that for a fact?
As I understand it, these people are very very few in number, but they make a lot of noise.
Though I know there are many people (Satmar etc.) Who believe that it is wrong for Jews to be running the state before Moshiach, they do not agree with or condone what these people are doing. This particular group openly kisses up to Arabs, joins in their rallies and would even desecrate shabbos for their ideals. Most Neturei karta do not condone their actions. (Afaik)
It's hard to believe there are people on this site who are affiliated with these people because they keep to themselves, have their own schools etc. I imagine They are ostracized from the mainstream communities. Correct me if you know otherwise.
But they ARE neturei karta. Neturei karta are SOOOO apposed to the state of israel.

b.chadash

Post Tue, Feb 11 2020, 5:34 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
But they ARE neturei karta. Neturei karta are SOOOO apposed to the state of israel.

Afaik, the term neturei karta refers to an ideology that opposes getting benefit from the State, opposes the formation of a state etc. But most of the ppl who subscribe to that ideology would not go out and protest, and meet with Palestinians etc. These guys in the video are a specific group of crazies, distinguished by their Palestinian shawls. They are few in number. You always see the same people in the videos. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's how I understand it.
Because a lot of regular, ehrliche people sympathize with the concept, as modeled by the old Satmar rebbe (R Yoel) and R Amram Blau. But they would never join up with this group or condone their actions.
That's how o understand it. Maybe some of the satmar imamothers can chime in and tell me if this is accurate .
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics