Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Salads & Dips
Roasted or fried eggplant ?

chayalife

Post Thu, Dec 13 2007, 3:47 pm
I am looking for a roasted/marinated/baked egg plant salad.
it needs to be the kind that are in slices . I prefer not fried but I will take any recipes. I do recall having a balsamic viniger marinated type of thing
or maybe just egg and breaded?I just want to know amounts ect,
I appreciate any responses
thanks !

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Dec 16 2007, 9:25 am
never heard of it, sorry.

tzatza

Post Thu, Dec 20 2007, 10:59 am
Best eggplant appetizer ever:
- Buy longish eggplants and slice then lengthwise in 3-4 pieces each (discard the sides). Don't slice too thin, otherwise they will rip. Salt on both sides and let sit to drain out some bitterness, then wash off and pat dry with papertowel.
-gently fry each slice on both sides in oil until nice and soft (make sure to have extra oil handy because eggplants just soaks it in) and drain on papertowel.
-Stuffing: Mix mayo with a little bit of sour cream (you can use non-dairy version), so that the stuffing is not too liquidy or runny (it needs to hold nicely). Add some chopped garlic (to taste) and fresh chopped dill.
-Once Eggplants slices have cooled, put a dollop of stuffing inside and roll like a roll Very Happy
This appetizer is always a great hit at any family/friends gatherings in my house.
(Idea: if you do not want to bether with rolling and all, just skice eggplants in circles, then proceed with the recipe, and a the end just layer the slices, top with stuffing, add another layer, etc) Use your imagination!
By the way, I tried similar recipe where the stuffing included sauteed onions and carrots with mayo and spice. Also YUMMY!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics