Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Which swings for a swing set?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 19 2020, 6:02 pm
I am buying a swingset for my yard. I chose the one to buy and it has two regular swings and one “trapeze” swing. It’s a swing where you are in a standing position and there are two handles that you hold.

I have a baby so I definitely want a baby swing. I am thinking of doing that instead on the trapazee one. With the two remaining regular ones, should I leave them as is or should I replace one with a more exciting swing that can hold more than one kid?

amother
White

Post Wed, Feb 19 2020, 6:16 pm
Swing-N-Slide WS 4861 Nest Swing with 40" Diameter, Blue https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071.....C507Q

Best. Purchase. Ever. Idk what it is about this swing but my kids spend hours on it. Kids friends come over just for this swing Confused

mommy24

Post Wed, Feb 19 2020, 6:21 pm
Can you interchange them? When we bought our swingset we bought the baby swing, a regular swing, and trapeze swing. The company threw in an extra regular swing and tire tye of swing. The big kids love to take down the baby swing and put up the trapeze/or take all swings off and put up the tire swing and when they are done we just put the regular swing/s right back on.

If it's not an option or out of budget, I would get the baby swing. Kids still love regular swings and this way you have a place for the baby.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 19 2020, 6:27 pm
The baby swing is a must. I can’t see my kids enjoying the trapazee to much. What will I get. More mileage out of, two regular swings or a regular and a speciality one that holds more than one kid.

mommyhood

Post Wed, Feb 19 2020, 6:43 pm
If you're keeping one swing as a baby swing I would leave the other 2 as regular swings. I find the kids only want to swing if someone is swinging next to them. Personally I never use my baby swing since it means I have to stand and push the whole time and my priority is keeping the other kids busy so I would do 2 regular swings and 1 specialty but most of the specialty glider or lawn swing types require more hooks than a standard swing so I don't know if that works with your swingset.

amother
Maroon

Post Fri, Mar 12 2021, 4:08 pm
amother [ White ] wrote:
Swing-N-Slide WS 4861 Nest Swing with 40" Diameter, Blue https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071.....C507Q

Best. Purchase. Ever. Idk what it is about this swing but my kids spend hours on it. Kids friends come over just for this swing Confused

thinking to get this plus a couple of other- baby and regular... where do I get the wooden base from?
who could I get to install this? tia!

amother
Aqua

Post Fri, Mar 12 2021, 4:20 pm
amother [ Maroon ] wrote:
thinking to get this plus a couple of other- baby and regular... where do I get the wooden base from?

I know people who installed this under their porch.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sat, Mar 13 2021, 10:12 pm
amother [ Maroon ] wrote:

We have this on our tree (I got a hanging thing to take it one level removed from the tree so it's not an issue on Shabbos)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics