Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Seminary decisions

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 19 2020, 1:25 pm
Can anyone help, bh my dd got into Bnos Avigayil and Machon Raaya. Here’s what she heard and she wants to know is this pretty accurate? Bnos Avigayil gets really great, solid and not fancy type girls but the classes aren’t so good. Machon Raaya You can choose your classes, has more out of class work and papers than Bnos Avigayil and there are great, solid girls and also fancy, very in town types as well. Is this for the most part true? Anyone have different information l’toeles that would help her decide? Thank you

amother
Azure

Post Wed, Feb 19 2020, 1:40 pm
When we had a similar decision then my dd wrote a list of questions to ask about the Sem and called a girl that recently attended each of the Sems.

Chayalle

Post Wed, Feb 19 2020, 1:47 pm
From what I've heard, I think your DD is right about the type. I don't know about the classes.

amother
Magenta

Post Wed, Feb 19 2020, 4:12 pm
My dd got into Meohr and Bnos Chava. What’s the difference. How to decide between them?

amother
Aquamarine

Post Wed, Feb 19 2020, 4:26 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Can anyone help, bh my dd got into Bnos Avigayil and Machon Raaya. Here’s what she heard and she wants to know is this pretty accurate? Bnos Avigayil gets really great, solid and not fancy type girls but the classes aren’t so good. Machon Raaya You can choose your classes, has more out of class work and papers than Bnos Avigayil and there are great, solid girls and also fancy, very in town types as well. Is this for the most part true? Anyone have different information l’toeles that would help her decide? Thank you

DD also got accepted into both and agonized between the two. She ended up deciding on Bnos Avigail and is very happy there (including the classes!) Machon Raya is definitely academically more work than Bnos Avigail but I don’t think that means the classes are necessarily more enjoyable (although obviously I could be wrong).

amother
Aubergine

Post Wed, Feb 19 2020, 7:40 pm
amother [ Magenta ] wrote:
My dd got into Meohr and Bnos Chava. What’s the difference. How to decide between them?

Both are great choices. I had two friends at Bnos Chava that loved it, a 3rd friend didn't get in though.

amother
Magenta

Post Thu, Feb 20 2020, 11:26 pm
Bump

amother
Brown

Post Fri, Feb 21 2020, 12:23 am
I went to Bnos Avigail for Shana Alef and Meohr for Shana Bais. If you want to ask individual questions post under your name and I’ll iyH pm you. I went within the past few years.
The classes at Bnos Avigail are amazing. Very practical.
If I had to say the difference between Bnos Avigail and machon raaya in one or two sentences I would say the following:
Machon raaya has more in towny girls, whereas Bnos Avigail generates more out of town girls. Machon raaya isn’t very warm, Bnos Avigail isn’t really either but the eim Bayits are and reb Heller is always always there to make time for you. Also, Bnos Avigail prides itself on not having busy work and having everything be practical and relevant.
I did not go to machon raaya, so I obv could be wrong, but that’s what I think.

cat81

Post Sat, Dec 26 2020, 11:05 pm
Can anyone share with me the contact info for a Bnos Avigayil student, either someone whose there right now or went last year? Trying to find someone for DD to call and ask questions.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics