Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Nitzos seminary Flatbush (half day)

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 7:58 am
My daughter will be staying in Brooklyn and not going to Israel!! Anybody have any information on this seminary to share?!

amother
Vermilion

Post Sun, Mar 01 2020, 11:24 pm
My dd is iyh going, supposed to be a good program, 10 girls from my dd's class (BYA) are going, nice group of girls.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 01 2020, 11:28 pm
Thank you
From my daughters school only 2 others are going and the school is making them feel like they should really be in Israel but if they are not at least they should go to a full day seminary like Assaf! I’m so disgusted at them!

amother
Vermilion

Post Sun, Mar 01 2020, 11:56 pm
That sounds really hard, there is so much pressure to go to EY, although BH in my dd's school then there doesn't seem to be the expectation that everyone is going. I've heard really great things about Nitzos and my dd is looking forward to that and Touro college in the evening. I think a year in EY" would have been a great experience but she chose to stay here, her friends were all staying. You really have to ignore what you are hearing in your dd's school, your dd will IYH" be just fine, even better than fine. Sem is NOT a must, Assaf is NOT a must. If you haven't applied to Assaf yet then it wouldn't even be an option anymore from what I understand. The girls in my dd's class are going for interviews now and basically I heard you deposit at the interview. The girls that are going from my dd's class are all really nice frum girls that just decided to stay here for next year. If you wanna be in touch in real life then I can give you an e-mail and you can let me know your dd's name and my dd can look out for her, maybe they can become friends Smile

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, Mar 02 2020, 1:14 am
My DD went to Nitzotz last year and she loved it. She went to Touro in the evenings and found that it wasn't difficult to juggle both. There were 10 girls from her high school that went.
Rebbetzin Seruya helped the girls arrange to go Israel through birthright during their midwinter vacation.
I think more and more parents are realizing that sem in Israel is not a necessity. Schools ought to be more open about perfectly good (maybe even better) options in the U.S.

NewbeeMom

Post Tue, Dec 27 2022, 5:29 pm
I know this is an old thread. But does anyone have their contact info?

MinnieMa

Post Tue, Dec 27 2022, 5:50 pm
I think it’s 718-339-3920
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics