Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Working women: when do you have time for laundry??
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 9:41 pm
I'm not talking about the actual loads, that takes few seconds to throw in, then a few minutes to transfer/ hang some things...
I'm talking about folding / putting away all the laundry. I'm guilty of doing loads and then leaving them in bags/ dumping spots. I don't have time to sit and fold for so long. U literally have at least 5 loads waiting to be folded. Socks and underwear are being fished out as needed TMI

btdivorcedmom

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 9:43 pm
I was in your shoes several years ago . Now kids are older and alternate who folds their laundry . Husband folds ours .

amother
Powderblue

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 9:45 pm
Motzei shabbos right now...although that will get harder as shabbos ends later. Then I usually try to get at least one load in on Friday before shabbos. I really try to make an effort to fold at least one load Sat night, and then the rest happens Sunday (or it sits in the basket clean all week...) It's hard!

amother
Turquoise

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 9:46 pm
The only way I manage to fold the laundry is when I put it in my bed. Then it needs to be folded and put away before I go to sleep. I don’t have big machines do laundry four times a week and therefore don’t have huge accumulations.

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 9:47 pm
At first I thought, I don’t! But I actually try to make time, and fold it early Monday and Thursday mornings. (I do loads Sun and Wed.)

amother
Cerulean

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 10:02 pm
My husband does it when he’s on baby duty for a few hours Sunday and Friday. He folds and she unfolds, but it eventually gets done and baby is entertained while I shop/cook.

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 10:06 pm
I fold one load or two loads every morning before getting dressed and I put it away when I get home from work.

hodeez

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 10:32 pm
Spend the whole Sunday folding laundry.

amother
Cerise

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 10:34 pm
Dh usually does it a couple mornings a week before work.

amother
Mustard

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 10:41 pm
I only fold what gets wrinkled if left unfolded. Underwear, socks, undershirts do not need to be folded, we have bins in drawers for that.

lfab

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 11:08 pm
Sunday evening. I do almost all laundry Saturday night and over the course of the day sunday. 2 oldest kids fold their own laundry and I spend 1 1/2- 2 hours sunday evening folding and putting away all the rest. It's a lot to do at once but I find it easier than doing loads throughout the week and having to fold mid-week.

amother
White

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 11:10 pm
Saturday night. The stuff that has to air dry I put away in the morning and the other stuff gets put away that night. Best feeling is getting it all done before 10am on Sunday

SuperWify

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 11:19 pm
Sunday I wash tons of loads and Monday night I designate a folding fest. (When it will happen this week remains to be seen). I listen to a good podcast and fold fold and fold. Dh helps put it away.

MommyM

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 11:59 pm
Sunday. I wash and fold throughout the day.

mha3484

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 12:03 am
Folding laundry is the best. It’s the only chore you get to do sitting down. I do most of the laundry motzei shabbos/Sunday morning. And Sunday night I fold. If I get it folded and put away my 5 year old is way more likely to dress himself so that’s a huge motivator.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 12:06 am
I don't do that much laundry. I only have one kid and do laundry once or twice a week at most.

I don't anticipate my laundry load going up exponentially with 2,3, 4 kids. When does laundry slope like this?

gamanit

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 12:07 am
I'm forever falling behind but lately I started using a system which makes it much more manageable. Whenever I'm folding laundry I put all socks into a sock laundry bag, all underwear into another laundry bag and all pajamas into another. I then fold and pack away everything else. Whenever I have a minute here and there I work on one of the three bags.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 3:59 am
A lot doesn't get folded, but my husband folds as he sits with younger kids at bedtime.

rivkam

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 4:27 am
You guys are so lucky to have a sunday! It would be great to have a laundry day. We manage by doing laundry in the evening and then folding the following evening. If I get behind, Friday is my catch up day. DH is quite happy to fold so sometimes he folds and sometimes I do it. That helps to make it manageable.
Oh and I make a point of straight away putting the laundry away as soon as its folded. Theres nothing worse than the piles getting messed up.

mommyla

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 8:53 am
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
I don't do that much laundry. I only have one kid and do laundry once or twice a week at most.

I don't anticipate my laundry load going up exponentially with 2,3, 4 kids. When does laundry slope like this?

When they get older, their clothes get bigger. And smellier.

They adopt a favorite outfit or two and refuse to wear at least two of the shirts that they "loved" at the beginning of the season.

They'll occasionally need a specific color shirt tomorrow.

If you leave their socks for too long, they will walk out of the hamper by themselves. Or you will pass out upon opening the hamper. Whichever comes first.

If they wear a skirt or shirt for two seconds (or even just take it out of the closet and then decide not to wear it), it will go into the hamper. Fold it and put it back? Ew!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics