Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Attention Morning People

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 6:17 am
I like sleeping in like most people but find that my energy levels are much higher in the morning. If I wake up before my kids I'm so much more productive than after they go to sleep.

Question for other morning people:
How do you deal with the physical, emotional, and mental fatigue after a long day? I find the non-urgent but important things on my to-do list and my messy house to be so overwhelming at night when I would be fine with the same obligations in the morning. Any chizuk?

amother
Cyan

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 6:22 am
First of all, Good Morning!
I am the same way. I learned to just relax in the evening because everything takes me twice as long at night. I can do my work quickly in the morning.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 6:28 am
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
First of all, Good Morning!
I am the same way. I learned to just relax in the evening because everything takes me twice as long at night. I can do my work quickly in the morning.

Thank you! It's good to get validation, sometimes I judge my reluctance to get up and do things as laziness but I know that's not true. I'm just so low energy after 8 pm that I want to sit and relax, not start projects. Even if it's just straightening up the house....

imasinger

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 6:30 am
I'm the same way.

I'd rather get up at 6 am to cook or clean than do it at night.

cuties' mom

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 6:34 am
I go to sleep early and ignore everything that needs to be done. I don't even go to simchas unless I have to since I have an appointment with my bed that I'm not going to miss.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 6:37 am
Lol! I I think I need to put off thinking about heavy topics at night because I get too emotionally overwhelmed and can't think clearly and objectively. Thanks for the support!!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 6:38 am
Practically it's hard for me to get up before my kids since I have little ones but in theory I should really try it.

lucky14

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 6:42 am
So you're expecting yourself to be a morning AND a night person? If you're waking up early to get things done then of course you are tired by the evening time! You'll get burnt out if you are busy the entire day. Like others are saying- if you are waking up early to get things done then you can relax a bit in the evening. Don't feel guilty about it.

lucky14

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 6:44 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Practically it's hard for me to get up before my kids since I have little ones but in theory I should really try it.

I try to do it when I can (meaning I set my alarm early every morning but sometimes they end up waking up early with me!). I just made lunches, straightened up a bit, ate breakfast and I'm about to go wake everyone up right now 🙂.

teachkids

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 6:46 am
I don’t do it at night. I relax after dinner till 8, then spend an hour on cleanup and my night ends at 9. Everything else happens in the morning.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics