Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
How do I know if we have/had it

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 13 2020, 8:13 am
I have a hacking cough
But to my defense
I had a REALLY bad cold in January that just doesn’t seem to go away
No fever
Just a REALLY bad cough
DH also got sick
Bad cough, sore throat and fever
BUT- he gets like this when he travels
Traveled to NY from FL

Maybe we have:had it, albeit a mild case.
How can we tell the difference between a very mild case and the common cold Hi

thanks

Post Fri, Mar 13 2020, 8:26 am
You can't tell unless you get tested. Call your doctor.

amother
Linen

Post Fri, Mar 13 2020, 8:30 am
Almost all cases will present with fever. It is highly unlikely that everyone in your home and surroundings would get cases without the fever.
If DH had a fever, then it's worth looking into.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 13 2020, 8:40 am
amother [ Linen ] wrote:
Almost all cases will present with fever. It is highly unlikely that everyone in your home and surroundings would get cases with the fever.
If DH had a fever, then it's worth looking into.

It was back in the beginning of January he would have infested most of the kehila by now
BACK THEN, no?

B”H we are empty nesters.

amother
Pearl

Post Fri, Mar 13 2020, 9:03 am
You won't know. They have only a few hundred tests and will not test you unless you traveled overseas or were directly exposed. So maybe you had it and maybe you didn't. Tons of people who are young had it and never had complications and were never tested. They test those with severe symptoms like not breathing. If you really want to be cautious, both of you should stay in quarantine for 2 weeks.
Here is info:
https://www.npr.org/sections/h.....-what

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 13 2020, 9:09 am
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
You won't know. They have only a few hundred tests and will not test you unless you traveled overseas or were directly exposed. So maybe you had it and maybe you didn't. Tons of people who are young had it and never had complications and were never tested. They test those with severe symptoms like not breathing. If you really want to be cautious, both of you should stay in quarantine for 2 weeks.
Here is info:
https://www.npr.org/sections/h.....-what

Even if it’s since first week in January

Can the virus incubate for that long

I will go into quarantine, just asking out of curiosity

Also DD (she came in December) had the flu
At that time. She tested positive for flu, negative for strep.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Fri, Mar 13 2020, 9:14 am
After I read the woman's account how she thought that she had flu & it was not flu, and she went on to do her own testing & tested positive, I thought about my own family who were sick after Chanuka.
My cancer patient was so sick all week then, he didn't move out of bed all week. After a week the hospital told us that when they swabbed him for his coughing the week earlier, when he went for his routines, he tested positive for corona virus & RSV. ( which they didn't tell me) Luckily, he just got ivig treatment then. Right after that, hype started about corona virus. It might've been a different strain.
Then my big son was sick like a dog in bed all week, after he traveled to Ukraine. He got like flu symptoms, with fever, chills, coughing, body aches & chest pain with difficulty breathing, and massive headaches. He was sure it's the flu, but tested negative for flu & strep so for lack of anything else they gave him meds for a sinus infection. He kept saying why do I feel sinus in my chest? Chest was clear, when doc checked with stetescope so bronchitis & pneumonia was ruled out.
My premie baby had a nasty cold too then & her oxygen level dropped, urgent care dr told us go to ER, but since her oxygen went back to normal, in office, we were told not to take her
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics