Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
JPod? Music app without internet? "Bulk" music purchase?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 9:09 pm
Need some advice here.
DD12 has an mp3 player. Radio was turned off. She told me she put the radio back on and started listening to it because she was bored of her music. She had about 15 CDs worth of music on it. I don't want her listening to the radio (honestly, her listening to the news would be scary for her).
So here are my questions:
Does the jPod have access to an app like stream or other Jewish radio station WITHOUT internet access?
Or- is there any way to subscribe to an app like Shira Li without internet?
Or- is there any way to buy a LOT of Jewish music at once? I don't mind spending money but one album download at a time will add up. We don't have money to spare but music really helps her, I just want to do this right.
Thanks!!

singleagain

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 10:31 pm
I'm pretty sure that unless the app is downloaded offline. You will need access to internet to stream the music. You can't "stream" offline.

Buying might be the best solution

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 10:39 pm
Thanks.
Any idea if there is such a think as buying a lot of music at once, not one album at a time? Like Costco shopping for Jewish music?

singleagain

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 11:14 pm
I use Amazon music..and it's pretty easy to just click and boom it's bought. So you can search your favorite artist and click all the album's and they are bought

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Fri, Mar 13 2020, 1:55 am
You can download a lot of Amazon music for free for offline use if you're a prime member and have the Amazon music app. But you'd have to trust that whatever you do to take off internet from whatever device you put the app on won't be hacked and turned back on.
And I many times don't need things right away from Amazon so I choose no rush shipping and collect $1 credits that I use to buy not-free music.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 13 2020, 7:20 am
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
You can download a lot of Amazon music for free for offline use if you're a prime member and have the Amazon music app. But you'd have to trust that whatever you do to take off internet from whatever device you put the app on won't be hacked and turned back on.
And I many times don't need things right away from Amazon so I choose no rush shipping and collect $1 credits that I use to buy not-free music.

That's the thing, I don't want it to have internet capabilities at all. I think any kid can get around itx and if not did then her friend. I don't think they're "bad", but curious and I dont think it's fair to give them that temptation. For now I am going to download lots of free music from mostly music.

singleagain

Post Fri, Mar 13 2020, 9:11 am
Once you own music you should be able to transfer it to any device

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 13 2020, 9:21 am
I bought and downloaded about 15 albums, but she's bored of them. If that's the only way, then I will buy more, I just feel like there should be a way to access a lot of music without internet. Maybe I'm dreaming.

singleagain

Post Fri, Mar 13 2020, 9:38 am
The world has chosen the internet as a way to listen to music. It's harder and more expensive to get it without
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children