Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Chicken in Monsey?!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 8:35 pm
Does anyone know if you can still find chicken in Monsey. If yes, Where?

amother
Turquoise

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 8:41 pm
Sunday the stores don’t get deliveries. Try tomorrow.

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 9:29 pm
Just so you are aware there is a chicken shortage. My FIL works in shechita. He had to go right after Shabbos back to work because the stores called non stop that they were completely out of chicken even though they had shipped double than the usual amount. So they were busy shechting today. I don’t know if his chicken is even sold in Monsey at all. But there is a general shortage in chicken. They are trying to shecht and replenish.

amother
Scarlet

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 9:30 pm
I got cutlets at Rockland Kosher. There's no chicken Bottoms. Red delicious had no chicken at all.

snowflake1

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 9:35 pm
Found vottoms at evergreen. Monsey glatt and wesley didnt have

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 9:46 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
Just so you are aware there is a chicken shortage. My FIL works in shechita. He had to go right after Shabbos back to work because the stores called non stop that they were completely out of chicken even though they had shipped double than the usual amount. So they were busy shechting today. I don’t know if his chicken is even sold in Monsey at all. But there is a general shortage in chicken. They are trying to shecht and replenish.

My husband also works in the industry and was working overtime. Huge shortage. No idea if it’s related to corona panic.

amother
Navy

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 9:48 pm
I got cutlets in all fresh today. They told me that they are getting a whole shipment tomorrow and will have bottoms then. I would try all fresh early if you can.

amother
Green

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 10:09 pm
There is no real shortage. I work in the industry. Last monday was tanis Esther-so we shechted fewer chickens than regular days. We were off for Purim. rest of the week was normal. I'm sure all shechting was stopped for purim. I don't know if others shecht on tanis esther or shushan prim.

If you account for the extra chicken bought for purim, the days of not shechting (or shechting less), and the panic causing people to stock up and buy more than usual-you can understand why the stores ran out.
Our coolers (fresh chicken) are empty until we shecht again tomorrow. Our freezers have plenty-but the stores don't want frozen.

So if you don't panic, you will likely not have such a problem getting chicken this week.

amother
Papaya

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 10:10 pm
Today at 5 pm, DH bought chicken bottoms in Rockland kosher and later in Evergreen.

amother
Papaya

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 10:10 pm
amother [ Green ] wrote:
There is no real shortage. I work in the industry. Last monday was tanis Esther-so we shechted fewer chickens than regular days. We were off for Purim. rest of the week was normal. I'm sure all shechting was stopped for purim. I don't know if others shecht on tanis esther or shushan prim.

If you account for the extra chicken bought for purim, the days of not shechting (or shechting less), and the panic causing people to stock up and buy more than usual-you can understand why the stores ran out.
Our coolers (fresh chicken) are empty until we shecht again tomorrow. Our freezers have plenty-but the stores don't want frozen.

So if you don't panic, you will likely not have such a problem getting chicken this week.

and of course ppl who are buying cuz theyre cooking for pesach
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics