Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Food deliveries - food stamps?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 9:13 pm
I really want to just stay put and not go out for groceries. But I live OOT and can't find a store that does deliveries with the option of paying with food stamps. Unfortunately, we are taking quite a big hit with my husband and I both not being able to work so I really can't shop for Pesach with paying out of pocket. Does anyone know if accommodations have been made to allow this in any big chain stores? Kroger, Meijer, Aldi, Walmart, etc

amother
Papaya

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 9:22 pm
I have the same question with local stores. I just emailed one who does deliveries, waiting for an answer.

You can buy on Amazon with your food stamps card. For awhile now already.

amother
Bisque

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 9:54 pm
I am pretty sure most big chains let you
Walmart grocery has ebt as an option as does ShopRite (which based on ur list doesn’t sound like it will help) but you should be able to

amother
Indigo

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 10:18 pm
amother [ Papaya ] wrote:
I have the same question with local stores. I just emailed one who does deliveries, waiting for an answer.

You can buy on Amazon with your food stamps card. For awhile now already.

Good luck finding any food on Amazon. There is no flour, no pasta, no canned beans, no grape juice. I already tried that route.

Walmart by us allows EBT, but only for pickups. They do not have delivery, and another area we have shopped in (with deliveries) does NOT allow EBT.

But here there is no food in Walmart either, and everything they have (aside for some fresh produce) has a maximum limit of 2. Makes it kind of hard to shop for Pesach.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 2:34 am
Amazon only allows food purchases by EBT in a few states.
Same with Walmart.
ShopRite is now allowing but that's not a midwest store.
If you Google it, there are a couple websites that are updating their lists frequently with stores that are accepting EBT for delivery, but the pickings are very slim or not existent in most areas.
It's something being worked on but not there yet and probably not for a while :-(
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics