Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
How do I know if....

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 11:51 pm
They keep on saying young and healthy stay home if you habe symptoms. How do I know if cough in throat or cv worse???? Not coughing bad at all but my mind playing games w me. Yeah hi mind.

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 11:54 pm
How do you know if you have Covid-19? You don't. But it doesn't matter. Either way you should be social distancing greatly. And if the symptoms stay mild - which they certainly should if you are not elderly or have other medical complications - then you rest and do whatever you would do at home for a cold or flu. If things get bad, C"V, go to emergency room.
Refuah sheleimah!

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 8:21 am
If you have a high fever that doesn't respond to Tylenol, if you have a shortness of breath, or a cough that is painful. When those things happen, call your local emergency number, but do NOT go to the ER on your own. Wait for them to come to you.

Otherwise, stay home and treat it like a really bad flu. That's all you can do right now.

amother
Taupe

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 8:30 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
They keep on saying young and healthy stay home if you habe symptoms. How do I know if cough in throat or cv worse???? Not coughing bad at all but my mind playing games w me. Yeah hi mind.

If you have a cough, stay home and stay away from people! I thought I had a sinus infection. No fever. I tested postive for Corona.

amother
Coral

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 8:31 am
It sounds like OP has a little cough that would normally warrant no change in life (rest, etc) and wants to know if she's allowed to go grocery shopping for her family or take a walk around the block. I know this is something a lot of people are wondering. On a practical level, have someone else shop.

Also, fyi, I agree about calling your doctor to find out where to go if you have symptoms that need attention. But to my knowledge, in the US (definitely the NY/NJ area) they are not coming to you unless you need an ambulance. They give you specific instructions on where to go and how. Testing (outside of people who had to go to the hospital) is being done at drive throughs.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 8:55 am
No. I dont want to know if I can go grocery shopping or on a walk. My family is home since last week. I was saying that drs keep telling young and healthy to stay home and not to come into office to get tested but I was a little anxious abt my cough which bh seems better

amother
Floralwhite

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 9:27 am
in my area they came to me because my husband is a doctor and was not feeling well to be tested
we didnt have it

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 9:32 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
No. I dont want to know if I can go grocery shopping or on a walk. My family is home since last week. I was saying that drs keep telling young and healthy to stay home and not to come into office to get tested but I was a little anxious abt my cough which bh seems better

As of now there’s no treatment for corona cough vs regular cough so they’re not wasting tests to find out what it is. Either way they say that unless you qualify for experimental treatment just keep treating the symptoms.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics