Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Toys.... best investment!

Tefila

Post Tue, Jul 26 2005, 10:16 am
my 3 best investment for toys that I can think of so far:
1) little tikes wave slide for indoor outdoor use. I just brought it indoors now for my babies to play and they love the tunnels and going 4 a ride w/h my 10yr old down the slide my 3 yr old just loves it. And it's sooo safe and strong 5 yrs and still going strong.
2) Mini trampoline usually sold in excercise departments so little but can fit two kids at a time and they love to jump I prefer them jumping on that then on my couch. Even my older kids once in awhile jump on it too!
3) The lego carts that not only holds and can be built on the big legos but also can be used to hold toys, pushed or given rides in. Very multi purpose and my babies love it.
I think most of the time we waste so much money on toys that look attractive etc but don't last more then a few months since they outgrow it. Whereas these toys have endless possibilitys and imo were worth every penny.
Wave slide I bought at a garage sale for 50.00 usaually sells 200.00 so go shop around and Hatzlacha Very Happy
P.s. for those limited in space maybe skip the slide or leave it outside but if there's anyway one can bring it in. 4 rainy days the kids will leave u alone for a while. it also can hold 4 kids at a time and some on diff parts of it. It's sort've like a cube shape w/h a wave 4 a slide. I have it in my familyroom in the corner and all my kids except teens love it.

Post Tue, Jul 26 2005, 10:37 am
thanks freilich. another plus of all the toys that you mentioned is that they're usuable on shabbos!
I know 2 people who were looking to buy toy kitchens. they could not find one that would not make noise! one of them complained to someone at toysrus. the employee said she'd look in the back for something. she found an older model- that is "shabbos compatible" and gave her a great deal on it!!
my 22 month old daughter loves her kitchen.
also, she's getting really "into" babycare. she has a doll and she does everything to "Her baby"- covers it, gives it a bottle, changes its diaper, puts it in a little stroller, puts it in my baby's bouncy seat, sings shema and hamalach (and happy bday!) to it, she even picks up her shirt to nurse it embarrassed !! I know lots of boys who enjoy this too!

Tefila

Post Tue, Jul 26 2005, 12:33 pm
Also w/h dolls stroller I have the older one by little tikes but not only does my 3 yr old like to ride her dollys but she likes to sit in it too and have the others push her.
The kitchen also by little tikes and purchased in great condition at a garage sale too 8) My twin son loves the best. he loves to put his rattles and legos in the sink and stuff incl his diaper which he took off in the cabinet luckily it was clean Rolling Eyes . I noticed the other day he was diaperless and couldn't understand why especially since I couldn't even c the diaper so I just put a new one on him and later found him playing in the cupboard and lo and behold the case of the missing diaper was solved Very Happy

0613 I also like those toys b/c it's great for various ages as opposed for just a couple yrs

Tefila

Post Tue, Jul 26 2005, 12:55 pm
I forgot to mention someone gave me 10yrs ago a fisher price rocker that fits 3 kids, and rocks back and forth fast and slow shabbos friendly.
My daughter w/h twins use it now. Also any toy I purchase which is not often believe me embarrassed has to be atleast good for two children even if you don't have twins, children always have friends over or could ride or share w/h another sibling.This encourages sharing etc.
Anyway anyone-else w/h great purchases toys wise or even game wise Wink

miriam

Post Tue, Jul 26 2005, 4:16 pm
We bought an art table when my oldest was 1 1/2 years old. I tole my husband it was the best babysittter we bought. Also they enjoy watching our birds.

Rochel Leah

Post Tue, Jul 26 2005, 4:22 pm
WE had birds but they drove us nuts with their noise and my son would try and take them out the cage..and he didnt understand that he couldn't...so we no longer have them
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics