Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Kosher chicken pot pie

Mommish

Post Tue, Dec 25 2007, 8:03 pm
My kids' new favorite weekday recipe is chicken pot pie, but the crust from my recipe is not as thick as the crust I remember my mom making. I asked her and she said that when I was a kid she used bisquick, which I'm pretty sure is milchig! embarrassed Sad Does anyone have a good crust recipe or tips for a thicker crust????

funny50

Post Tue, Dec 25 2007, 8:24 pm
whick kind are you using? when I used to make the chicken pot pie, I used to buy the Yitzy's precut squares- I'm not sure which size I used (reg or mini)

Mommish

Post Tue, Dec 25 2007, 9:42 pm
I've been making a crust from flour, margarine & water.

Tovah

Post Tue, Dec 25 2007, 9:45 pm
spice and spirit has a good recipe for chicken pot pie.
I've also made it with puff pastry dough.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Dec 26 2007, 11:54 am
you can use any bread dough. you can use already baked challah, pressed into the pan.

greenfire

Post Wed, Dec 26 2007, 11:58 am
I use bought mini pie crusts ... bake them ... and ladel the thickened soup into them like a bowl ...

batya_d

Post Wed, Dec 26 2007, 4:46 pm
I use premade pie crust (deep dish 9 inch) from the freezer section. You can make your own crust if you have time, I use the recipe on the back of the Crisco can.

I make mine with leftover chicken and add carrots, celery and potatoes, sautee with a few Tbsps of flour to thicken then add chicken stock and mix until it's a thick mixture. Then I add some peas. I put breadcrumbs on top and bake instead of using a second pie crust.

bashinda

Post Wed, Dec 26 2007, 9:34 pm
I used to get the 6inch pie crusts and use one for the top and one on the bottom but it was too much crust. Then I started taking the pie crust out of the tin, putting the filling in then putting the defrosted crust on top. It doesn't look perfect but it worked.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey