Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Carseats

Yael

Post Wed, May 19 2004, 1:54 pm
Which carseat do you have?
Are you happy with it?

Rochel Leah

Post Wed, May 19 2004, 6:17 pm
Right now I am still using the infant seat that came with my stroller an Eddie Bauer, which I am pretty happy with, though it sometimes is difficult to move the arm up and down. though I am going to need a front facing on. should I get one till 40 pounds or 80 pounds? which brand is trustworthy etc?

Yael

Post Wed, Jun 02 2004, 1:01 pm
I have the graco infant carseat, and I'm very happy with it. I also have a 9 year old carseat by century that I got from my parents, and its still in excellent condition. I'm also happy with it.
in my opinion, if you think that you will have kids one after the next, then you're better off getting a carseat that fits a smaller range of sizes, cuz they are usually cheaper than the all-in-ones. for example get a carseat that fits up to 40 pounds, (as opposed to the all-in-one up to 80 lbs.) b/c by the time your son is big enough to need a booster seat, you'll probably have another child who will need his carseat and you'll end up buying another seat. that seat may as well be the booster alone.
for people who dont think they will have a few kids in a row, its probably cheaper to buy an all-in-one for their kid, than a new seat each time they outgrow it.
I hope you understand what I mean, I'm not sure I wrote clearly.

I happen to love the graco company, I find that everything I buy from them works well and lasts. century is part of graco, and so is eddie bauer I think.

Chanie

Post Tue, Jun 08 2004, 2:12 pm
As an infant, I used for my son the Graco infant seat, which was very convienient, as it was not very heavy and easily transportable with my son in it as well as it snaps into the graco stroller (I hear that the carseat fits into any standard graco stroller).
Once he grew out of that car seat, I looked specifically for a seat that would be good for long car rides, for I make a few visits a year to NY and wanted to insure that my son could comfurtably rest, as well as I wanted one that wasn't bulky and was affordable. I bought the evenflo Titan 5 which I am so far very happy with. It reclines for resting in the car, it also happened to be a front facing or rear facing car seat.

Rochel Leah

Post Tue, Jun 08 2004, 7:00 pm
Chanie, Where did you get your carseat? and how much does it cost?

Chanie

Post Thu, Jun 10 2004, 7:44 pm
I bought it is Sears, on sale, for about $100. I think it costed $130 for the same one in Walmart. You might be able to find it for a good price online.

Liba

Post Tue, Aug 10 2004, 2:11 pm
Yael wrote:
I have the graco infant carseat, and I'm very happy with it. I also have a 9 year old carseat by century that I got from my parents, and its still in excellent condition. I'm also happy with it.

Yael you may want to check the owners manual or cal Graco 800-837-4044 and ask for a copy of the manual if you don't have (it for the 9 year old Century carseat). As far as I know carseats need to be replaced 5-6 years from the date of manufacture depending on the manufacturer's instuctions because the plastic degrades and may not be safe, chas v'shalom, in an accident. They put expiration dates on the seats now.

Personally I love Britax seats. The straps don't twist, they have energy absorbing foam to cushion the child's head if chas v'shalom there is an accident, the customer service is excelent and the seats are easy to install and even easier to use. True they are a bit pricy, but my 3 and 6 year olds are in 6 to 65lb five pound harnessed seats with side impact protection and will be able to remain in five point harnessed seats, the safest way to ride, for many years to come!

LOL I figure with all the money I save nursing and cloth diapering I can justify an expensive carseat every 6 years for each of my kids Smile I can swing $34 a year for their safety.

Rivka

Post Thu, Aug 12 2004, 6:30 pm
I got the Graco car seat with the Graco buggy for my son for when he was new born and I liked it a lot, it was easy to use, great coz it snapped easily and quickly onto the buggy. Now my son is bigger I got him a Britax car seat which I think is great, it isn't hard to put in and you can even put it in the middle seat with a lap belt. It is cumfy and nicely cushioned and can move back to recline which is great.
It is also easy to adjust the seat belt.

Rochel Leah

Post Tue, Aug 24 2004, 8:41 pm
Does anyone know the Eddie Bauer High back Booster seat/ Car seat?

What do you think of it?

zuncompany

Post Tue, Aug 24 2004, 9:40 pm
We also have a britax and a graco. I was told you need to get them checked after two years cause sometimes they wear so much. 6 years would be great!
Sara
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars