Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Magazines: pro and con, please
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
Wheat

Post Tue, Apr 14 2020, 1:52 am
I prefer mishpacha. I feel the writing is superior , interviews are done better, and it’s less sensationalistic.

amother
Jade

Post Tue, Apr 14 2020, 11:10 am
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:
YMMV. I find mishpacha pretty stimulating with a variety of features. I found the Yated to be a mishmash of stale news for the most part...hardly stimulating reading imo....

If you're a headline kind of girl yated is not for you. There are so many articles on hashkafah, halacha, divrei Torah, take on the news and more. Ppl are allowed to have different interests. Apparently you don't see it as repetitive. That's ok. There's reason they are still in business. I'm a very intense, deep, intellectual person. So maybe it's a personality thing.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 14 2020, 11:18 am
I’ll go with Mishpacha. Thanks everyone for all of the feedback. It was very helpful!

amother
Yellow

Post Tue, Apr 14 2020, 11:19 am
Actually the Yated is a headlines mainly type of publication! I never found anything to sink my teeth into. I'm very puzzled but glad for you that you find so much there to read.

Simple1

Post Tue, Apr 14 2020, 11:30 am
My dh likes reading news and enjoys the Yated. Not enough to subscribe, but we don't subscribe to any magazines. The Yated is good bang for your buck if you're looking for something affordable.

amother
Jade

Post Tue, Apr 14 2020, 11:56 am
Actually the Yated is a headlines mainly type of publication! I never found anything to sink my teeth into. I'm very puzzled but glad for you that you find so much there to read.

Ok. So what which publication would you consider to have in depth news?

mha3484

Post Tue, Apr 14 2020, 12:03 pm
amother [ Jade ] wrote:

I think the Hamodia has really good news coverage.

amother
Jade

Post Tue, Apr 14 2020, 12:08 pm
mha3484 wrote:
I think the Hamodia has really good news coverage.

They do have a lot of news. I find the yated has less news and does more of the in depth take on the news, assuming you get your daily news elsewhere. Hamodia gives you much more news but it's straight up news without taking it apart.

amother
Yellow

Post Tue, Apr 14 2020, 1:35 pm
amother [ Jade ] wrote:

I guess the Hamodia. But mishpacha and ami both have lots of news analysis.
Anyway, I don't rely on frum publications-- for my news. Unless you get the daily hamodia, it's several days old. I read the nytimes and look at fox news online. Those are both slanted in opposite directions so I feel it's a good idea not just to rely on one, this way I get a balance of both.

amother
Jade

Post Tue, Apr 14 2020, 1:44 pm
I guess the Hamodia. But mishpacha and ami both have lots of news analysis.
Anyway, I don't rely on frum publications-- for my news. Unless you get the daily hamodia, it's several days old. I read the nytimes and look at fox news online. Those are both slanted in opposite directions so I feel it's a good idea not just to rely on one, this way I get a balance of both.

Thanks for sharing your point of view. I appreciate it.

amother
Maroon

Post Tue, Apr 14 2020, 7:02 pm
Yated is best price other ones are very pricey..
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics