Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
General Tso sauce with Chicken?

Chayalle

Post Wed, Apr 22 2020, 1:02 pm
I found a bottle of Mikee General Tso sauce in my pantry, and would love to use it with some chicken cutlets, but not sure what to do with it.

Anyone?

TIA!

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Apr 22 2020, 1:17 pm
Cut the chicken into bite size pieces, dip in egg and then flour, and fry them. Then add the sauce at the last minute and cook for just a few minutes until the sauce gets thick.

You can make awesome Spicy Orange Chicken if you do the same thing, but make your own sauce. All you need is marmalade, soy sauce, and sriracha. It's amazing and so easy!

rgh

Post Wed, Apr 22 2020, 1:18 pm
Make a stir fry.
Sautee a bag of frozen vegetables till softened. Remove from pan.

Toss cubed chicken cutlets with cornstarch. (I do this is a plastic bag to avoid a mess.)
Heat up a little oil in a pan and stir fry the chicken till it turns white. (supposedly healthier method than real frying.)
Add the vegetables back in.
Add the bottle of sauce and cook till it thickens. (You can add some cornstarch so it thickens faster.)
One pot dinner-yum!

FYI:Not sure about your particular brand, but beware general tsos sauce can be quite spicy.
Taste it first if you have anyone with an aversion to hot foods.

greenfire

Post Wed, Apr 22 2020, 2:52 pm
the chicken is tastier if dipped in a batter from eggs mixed with flour [maybe a little beer]

afterwards pour the sauce and heat up

eat over rice or quinoa

Chayalle

Post Wed, Apr 22 2020, 3:40 pm
Sounds yummy! Thank you all!

Chayalle

Post Fri, Apr 24 2020, 3:16 pm
It came out great and was re-requested! Thanks! I stir-fried coated chicken in my wok, then added vegetables (baby corn,mushrooms, zucchini, string beans, colorful peppers), then sauce over all.... and served over rice. Delicious!

greenfire

Post Fri, Apr 24 2020, 4:05 pm
glad to hear
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey