Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Queens - Yeshivas giving free meals?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 27 2020, 12:44 am
I've seen a lot on here about Brooklyn yeshivas giving out free meals to families, but the only thing I've seen anywhere for Queens is the Bais Yaakov in Kew Gardens, but their online sign up sheet has been closed since late last week, so I guess they aren't taking any more families for their program right now.

Does anyone know of any other Queens' programs, or know when BYQ is going to reopen their list?

I've heard about the public school program and am hoping to check it out this week, but from what I've heard it sounds like the yeshivas give out more food than the public schools, so I was hoping to find out more about those as well.

Thanks

amother
Coral

Post Mon, Apr 27 2020, 7:54 am
I know that Bnos Malka is giving out free lunches. I don't know if it's only for families of current students or anyone who needs. It can't hurt to call and ask them. I think I heard that tiferes moshe also has lunches but again I'm not sure if it's just for students or anyone that needs. Your best bet is probably to call a few schools and find out.

amother
Salmon

Post Mon, Apr 27 2020, 8:27 am
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
I know that Bnos Malka is giving out free lunches. I don't know if it's only for families of current students or anyone who needs. It can't hurt to call and ask them. I think I heard that tiferes moshe also has lunches but again I'm not sure if it's just for students or anyone that needs. Your best bet is probably to call a few schools and find out.

Tiferes moshe is partnering with BYQ

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 28 2020, 1:03 am
Thanks - if anyone else knows anything feel free to add it here. I'm sure I'm not the only one who's wondering :-)

amother
Linen

Post Tue, Apr 28 2020, 8:29 am
Contact bais yaakov of Queens for information.

amother
Ruby

Post Tue, Apr 28 2020, 10:16 am
PS 164 and 154 in KGH supposedly have the same kosher meals that BYQ has, Mon. - Fri, 7:30-1:30. It's for any child under age 19, no income requirements or school attendance requirements.

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Apr 28 2020, 11:57 am
The DOE now has kosher offerings. There’s a location in KGH. I haven’t tried to know whats given.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries