Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Whats your priorities now in this tough times
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 5:34 pm
Keep your kids busy and dont mind the mess in your house , or as long as the kids are having a good time and are occupied mess in the house doesn't matter, or house stay clean and together and kids find something to do not causing mess around, or send them outside ? Do u care if they break your house or ruin the wall's , or do u take it easy and just accept the situation as is???

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 5:36 pm
Let's just say its a really good thing no one is allowed to come over.

giselle

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 5:37 pm
Somewhere in between? My kids aren’t really the break the walls type, but my house is definitely not as clean as it can be. I don’t manage well with no cleaning help! My priority though is really to maintain a calm environment. That involves keeping a somewhat neat house, but definitely not making myself crazy.

amother
Pink

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 5:51 pm
My priorities are that my children and I should have clean clothes to put on in the morning, fresh food to eat and a bit of love throughout the day (not necessarily in that order)

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 5:57 pm
My priority is to get family bonding time and some life lessons into my kids. I see this crisis is BH teaching them to have a bit more patience, being nosei b'ol, dina d'malchisa dina, cleaning up after yourself, learning to compromise with siblings, learning to cooperate on joint projects, learning to occupy themselves, learning to stick to responsibilities such as set learning schedule, the rewards of hard work, etc.

(And some days my priority is to make it to the end of the day with everyone intact in mind and body.)

ETA: Yes the house is a mess most of the week but shabbos cleanup is a family project.

amother
Cerulean

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 5:58 pm
My priority is that none of us die.

tigerwife

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 6:00 pm
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
Let's just say its a really good thing no one is allowed to come over.

Lol!
I think this all the time.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 6:02 pm
giselle wrote:
Somewhere in between? My kids aren’t really the break the walls type, but my house is definitely not as clean as it can be. I don’t manage well with no cleaning help! My priority though is really to maintain a calm environment. That involves keeping a somewhat neat house, but definitely not making myself crazy.

This!

rae

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 6:05 pm
My priorities are to keep a calm, happy environment.
Like Giselle said, this includes keeping a moderately clean environment but not stressing about it. My furniture is taking a beating though. Couches all look worn in, walls getting scuffed and floors more scratched.
For me, I’m doing a lot of reflecting on who I am and what I need to do for myself. For my kids, the fact that they’re happy and calm means I’m where I want to be.

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 6:06 pm
Priorities:
Making sure there is food for kids to eat.
My job - working 7 hours a day
My own down time
Laundry washing
Making sure toddler is wearing clean and dry diapers, gets fed, has naps etc.
Try to at least have a put together house for Shabbos

Not on my priority list now and as a result:
House is a mess
Kids are not occupied much
Laundry is not folded
I am not checking up on kids school work

I can’t do it all and I won’t feel guilty about it.

amother
Burlywood

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 6:19 pm
To stay sane.

mig100

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 6:48 pm
amother [ Burlywood ] wrote:
To stay sane.

This

Surrendered

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 6:53 pm
Have the house run on some kind of routine. Kids taken care of, myself taken care of, so I can keep giving.
That includes keeping the house clean, having food, laundry done.
Goal: Positive attitude, be a calm and happy mother...

Last edited by Surrendered on Wed, Apr 29 2020, 7:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

lilies

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 7:07 pm
Brushing teeth. That's about it.

amother
Coral

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 7:22 pm
I dont know why but some of these replies have me lol-ing!

amother
Lemon

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 7:24 pm
by me mine & my hubs priorities clash as always but now with every one home it's magnified tenfold & much more difficult. Before pesach he was working from home, he was helping me in home but the critic was nonstop. Now it is much calmer while he is out, but the minute he comes home the critic starts.
I have to be on top of my boys learning schedule. Phones work or not etc. My dgtr is bored then so have to entertain her & make sure she doesn't bother the boys or make noise in that room. My baby demands her attention all day. Do the work with my dgtr. Feed them five times a day. Settle their fights. I am also running a massive daycamp to entertain my kids, give them a good time & create memories plus keep the house/laundry running. Clean the messes after meals & activities. No adult company
locked into house for 6 weeks, together with my kids.
The moment my husband walks thru the door he doesn't stop complaining over every tiny piece of tissue that's out of place. Why I can't make sure the place isn't sparkling all the time.
I crave adult interaction but the only convo he has with me daily is over the mess.
He ruins the atmosphere. I usually have the kids clean up before he gets home. Today he came home earlier unexpectedly. We were in middle of a nice activity, when he walked in the door....instead of appreciating what I do.... the negative remarks start and he claims I am the one that's negative because I hear his words negatively.

amother
Lemon

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 7:25 pm
delete

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 7:29 pm
My main priority is to keep my mental health up, and fight off depression.

Second priority is to make sure that my pets are getting food, clean water, and regular exercise.

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 7:33 pm
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
by me mine & my hubs priorities clash as always but now with every one home it's magnified tenfold & much more difficult. Before pesach he was working from home, he was helping me in home but the critic was nonstop. Now it is much calmer while he is out, but the minute he comes home the critic starts.
I have to be on top of my boys learning schedule. Phones work or not etc. My dgtr is bored then so have to entertain her & make sure she doesn't bother the boys or make noise in that room. My baby demands her attention all day. Do the work with my dgtr. Feed them five times a day. Settle their fights. I am also running a massive daycamp to entertain my kids, give them a good time & create memories plus keep the house/laundry running. Clean the messes after meals & activities. No adult company
locked into house for 6 weeks, together with my kids.
The moment my husband walks thru the door he doesn't stop complaining over every tiny piece of tissue that's out of place. Why I can't make sure the place isn't sparkling all the time.
I crave adult interaction but the only convo he has with me daily is over the mess.
He ruins the atmosphere. I usually have the kids clean up before he gets home. Today he came home earlier unexpectedly. We were in middle of a nice activity, when he walked in the door....instead of appreciating what I do.... the negative remarks start and he claims I am the one that's negative because I hear his words negatively.

I’m sorry that you have it so tough. I highly recommend you take some time (away from the kids , don’t worry they will be fine) and make sure to do something for yourself. It doesn’t sound like you have emotional support from your DH and you are running running running and doing for everyone but yourself.
It took me a long time to realize what damage I did to myself by always putting everyone else in front of me. Even the toxic ones. You need to do something for you , to make you feel worth it. Showing yourself that YOU are important is the best thing you can do for you and your family.

giselle

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 7:42 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
Priorities:
Making sure there is food for kids to eat.
My job - working 7 hours a day
My own down time
Laundry washing
Making sure toddler is wearing clean and dry diapers, gets fed, has naps etc.
Try to at least have a put together house for Shabbos

Not on my priority list now and as a result:
House is a mess
Kids are not occupied much
Laundry is not folded
I am not checking up on kids school work

I can’t do it all and I won’t feel guilty about it.

Wow, I don’t know how you do it. If I had to work 7 hrs a day right now, I’d have a lot more not on my priority list.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics