Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Teen idea please?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 8:08 pm
My 12 year old daughter who loves reading Is very bored and unmotivated these past few weeks. Her goto was always the library which is closed now. I was wondering if anyone would be able to work out a book chain or book exchange as I'm clueless how it could work.

amother
Cobalt

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 11:27 pm
An e reader thing works except Shabbos, and audio books can still be taken out from the library.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 30 2020, 12:48 am
Thank you but shabbos would be an ideal time to read. Has no one ever done a book chain?

amother
Mint

Post Thu, Apr 30 2020, 12:56 am
Wouldn't do a book chain now because scared of germs..

amother
Aubergine

Post Thu, Apr 30 2020, 1:00 am
You could try to make a neighborhood WhatsApp book group

amother
Blush

Post Thu, Apr 30 2020, 1:03 am
I would borrow books, but borrow in advance and keep them in a bag for a week or 2 before reading them.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 30 2020, 1:12 am
I heard of a chain that you buy one book for top person on list and end up getting 6 books or something like that

Goldie613

Post Thu, Apr 30 2020, 4:37 am
I've seen people on here mention that they set up trading circles with neighbors on their block, with the books being left at the door so that there's no contact between people. Would that work in your neighborhood?

Other than that, there are a lot of websites that sell books used for a few dollars each - sometimes less if you are buying a group listing of them.

If you have a Jewish lending library near you, do you think they'd let you arrange over the phone to borrow a few books to be returned when this mess is over?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children