Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Colored in Library Book

amother

Post Tue, Jan 01 2008, 10:54 pm
My daughter is in kindergarten and they have 'library' where they choose a book from books that are set aside in their classroom just for her class. They can borrow and bring back when ever they want. She colored with marker on one of the pages. She just colored in one little thing and made a line at a rip in the page. It doesn't bother the reader but as chinuch and what is right to teach her to do is what I want to ask.

(amother b/c I think maybe it's lashon hara?)

Thank you.

GAMZu

Post Tue, Jan 01 2008, 11:53 pm
Well, a basic one is to tell her it's wrong and never to do it again.
Or do you mean to get the teacher involved so your daughter can see how wrong it really is?

amother

Post Tue, Jan 01 2008, 11:55 pm
do you think she has to apologize to the teacher or something. Don't worry it was made very clear to her that what she had done is wrong.

GAMZu

Post Wed, Jan 02 2008, 12:14 am
I think she should apologize.
I once came to pick up my 3 y.o. son from cheider and the Rebbi showed me that he has colored on the Rebbi's desk. So I took out some baby wipes and had him clean it up.
I think the proper way to go is to fix the damage, and if not possible, to apologize.

Ima'la

Post Wed, Jan 02 2008, 8:20 am
If she knew it was wrong before she did it (which I would think a kindergartener would know), I think she should apologize to the teacher, but if she really didn't know, then I think it's enough to make sure it's clear now and no need to embarrass her by making her speak to the teacher.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers