Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Finally! A normal news story

Rappel

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 8:44 am
This story was just so innocent that it made me smile. I'm sure the parents were terrified, but at least it has a happy ending.

Sharing so others can enjoy.

http://www.israelnationalnews......80167

chicco

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 8:48 am
Years and years ago, I went to check on my kids before I went to bed. My 5 year old was nowhere to be found. I was just short of panicking when my husband found him sleeping under his brother's bed. In the morning I asked my son why he went to sleep under a bed. His response, "because I wanted to know what it would be like to sleep in a bunkbed."

Rappel

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 8:49 am
chicco wrote:
Years and years ago, I went to check on my kids before I went to bed. My 5 year old was nowhere to be found. I was just short of panicking when my husband found him sleeping under his brother's bed. In the morning I asked my son why he went to sleep under a bed. His response, "because I wanted to know what it would be like to sleep in a bunkbed."

Laugh

Did he enjoy the experience?

chicco

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 8:55 am
Rappel wrote:
Laugh

Did he enjoy the experience?

Shortly after, we got a bunkbed. The first night after setting it up, I again went to check on them before I went to bed. Their pajamas were on the blades of the ceiling fan.

thunderstorm

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 8:57 am
This reminds me of my brother who was 3 and went to sleep in the coat closet Shabbos afternoon. My mother woke up from her nap and my brother wasn’t there. She assumed my father took him to mincha with him. So my mother left the house to visit her friend. Meanwhile my 3yr old brother woke up and came out of the closet. Nobody was home. He was wearing his shirt , tzitzis and a pull up(because he was a bedwetter). When he couldn’t find my mother he went outside barefoot in shirt and pull up and started crying . He began walking and crying. He walked for about a block when I bumped into him. I was on the way home from Bnos. I asked him what was wrong and he said my mother left him alone. I knew that something didn’t add up. I also knew which friend she planned on visiting , so I got my brother dressed and we walked to my mothers friend. You could imagine the shock and horror when I told my mother that she left my brother home alone. At least we can laugh about it now.

Sunny Days

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 9:14 am
Omg 😮
Last night as I was going to sleep, my husband was telling me about this ( kol mevaser reported a missing boy urging for tehilim). I was scared about it ch’v being an Arab kidnapping... so happy to hear the funny end!
Thanks for posting

Malkqueen

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 9:55 am
This reminds me of when my mom had a baby so I slept so my friends house for a few days. I was homesick and decided to hide under the bed. After a few minutes I heard my friends family look for me, open doors, call out my name. I just stayed there cuz I didn't feel like coming out. Eventually I got bored and crawled out, and 7 year old me really couldn't understand why they were so worked up about me being lost when I was right there all along.

mfb

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 10:33 am
I heard once from someone that’s part of bp shomrim that one of the first things they do is have members check out the house, and under beds is from the first places they look. Another place (especially Friday night) is under tables and they also pull out the chairs since they have found a few times kids sleeping across chairs that are pushed under the table. It’s a dark cozy spot.

bigsis144

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 10:38 am
I remember this happening to my younger sister - my parents had their two beds pushed together and my sister had fallen asleep in their bed and wedged herself into the crack between the beds. The blanket was nearly flat on top of her so the bed looked empty.

It was on Shabbos afternoon and I remember my father walking to the nearby 7-11 where there was always a police car parked.

BH another one of my siblings jumped on my parents bed and found her!

tweety1

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 11:06 am
Those who remember rose castle- my little relative was tired by one of her aunt's/uncle's weddings and found herself into one their suites and went to sleep on the couch. When she went "missing" nobody bothered to search the room cuz they were all locked and how would she get in. When my sil contacted the manager to let him know that authorities are being called to search for the kid the manager decided to search the rooms "just so we know we covered every room that has a door". There she was sound asleep oblivious to what's going on abt her.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics