Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Help me buy a bike online

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 12:42 pm
Apparently Walmart and target are completely out of bikes. We’re not big bikers, so I don’t know much about bikes. When I bought my son a bike last year, he tried it out in the store, it felt and looked good and we bought it. My daughter never liked biking so she doesn’t have a bike. Now she started getting into it (riding my son’s old bike, which is a bit too small for her) and I’d like to buy her a bike. I don’t want to go to a local bike store because they’re a fortune there. So I guess I have to buy one online. How do I know what size to get and anything I should look out for?

amother
Oak

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 2:00 pm
What size if your son's bike? Buy a size bigger. Toys 4 u also sells bikes and I have found they have lots of sizes and prices were good as well.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 2:06 pm
amother [ Oak ] wrote:
What size if your son's bike? Buy a size bigger. Toys 4 u also sells bikes and I have found they have lots of sizes and prices were good as well.

Oh thanks toys 4 u is a good idea, I’ll look into that.

Cmon be nice

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 3:59 pm
Is toys 4you open?

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 3:59 pm
Cmon be nice wrote:
Is toys 4you open?

For curbside pickup, so maybe they’ll let her try the bike?

Cmon be nice

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 4:00 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
For curbside pickup, so maybe they’ll let her try the bike?

Ty

imamother153

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 6:39 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Apparently Walmart and target are completely out of bikes. We’re not big bikers, so I don’t know much about bikes. When I bought my son a bike last year, he tried it out in the store, it felt and looked good and we bought it. My daughter never liked biking so she doesn’t have a bike. Now she started getting into it (riding my son’s old bike, which is a bit too small for her) and I’d like to buy her a bike. I don’t want to go to a local bike store because they’re a fortune there. So I guess I have to buy one online. How do I know what size to get and anything I should look out for?

Then try a different walmart location. We just got our daughter a bike (20”) from Walmart for $58. It was priced at toys4u for $140 plus additional for assembling.
(Online they had bikes priced for $39 for in store purchase only but they didn’t have them in store.)

shev

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 6:49 pm
Walmart is cheaper than toys4u for bikes. I got an 18" bike for $68 in walmart and I was told that in Toys4u it costs $105.

HonesttoGod

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 7:23 pm
Google bike sizes and then measure your child to see what size bike they need.

Toys4u has a good range, the bike I needed for my kid was $98-$145 on various websites (walmart, amazon etc) but most were sold out and toys4u had it for $100.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 7:25 pm
imamother153 wrote:
Then try a different walmart location. We just got our daughter a bike (20”) from Walmart for $58. It was priced at toys4u for $140 plus additional for assembling.
(Online they had bikes priced for $39 for in store purchase only but they didn’t have them in store.)

Oh wow ok good to know!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics