Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Covid vs just not feeling great

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 6:41 pm
Let's say I'm feeling very mildly yucky today, but tomorrow I feel better, can I go about my business tomorrow? At what point do you assume it might be coronavirus and be restricted for at least a week? No fever. Was feeling a bit chilly at times. Slightly gassy stomach, nothing else. I had the virus many weeks ago and recovered? Does that mean I can't get it again? Doctor is not giving useful info over the phone and don't want to waste money on a silly visit esp this is not the first time I'm questioning myself things. It might be anxiety to which I'm prone. Or real concern. I can't tell the difference.

Have no plans to socialize, just essential shopping and lunch pick up. Thanks

tweety1

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 7:45 pm
I'm wondering the same. I had covid 2 days after Purim. I had it all the way. Fever, aches, sick. So did my kids. That week they all mild symptoms. This week my kids and I all came down with a slight cold. Stuffy nose, terribly itchy eyes, sore throat. Should I assume it's Corona? Oth, when I get colds one of my main symptoms is sore throat. One side is telling me be careful it's Corona, the other side is telling me I feel exactly what I usually feel when I get a cold, nothing close to what I felt like when I had Corona.

amother
Magenta

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 8:24 pm
The virus can linger in your body. If you didn’t have two negative tests within 24 hours assume you STILL have Covid.

That being said, there are those who are of the opinion that Covid doesn’t really leave your system ever, it lies dormant and resurfaces when you are ‘weak’ like HIV and Herpes.

So your question in essence is not, do I have Covid, but am I contagious for Covid. And that my friend is something that I don’t know if there is any definitive answer to today.

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 8:35 pm
amother [ Magenta ] wrote:

FYI saying you have Corona virus is like saying you have a cold. There are multiple type of corona virus. You want to say do I have Covid.

Oh please. Anyone who is talking about Coronavirus these days is obviously talking about covid-19.

Also, saying “Covid” is exactly the same as saying “Coronavirus”. I assume by Covid you are referring to Covid-19?

amother
Magenta

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 8:52 pm
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
Oh please. Anyone who is talking about Coronavirus these days is obviously talking about covid-19.

Also, saying “Covid” is exactly the same as saying “Coronavirus”. I assume by Covid you are referring to Covid-19?

I stand corrected.

amother
Slategray

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 8:57 pm
How about allergies?
We are so busy with covid, we forget that its allergy season

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 8:22 am
I see there are no clear answers. Tweety exactly. When I had corona, I knew I had it. But now it would be ridiculous to wait a week cuz I maybe ate something bad and felt mildly icky for part of the day.

Can we just be cautious and assume the mask will protect us on that chance that it might be a problem? Anyway no plans on socializing. Just lunch pick up. And groceries.

Simple1

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 9:57 am
amother [ Magenta ] wrote:
The virus can linger in your body. If you didn’t have two negative tests within 24 hours assume you STILL have Covid.

That being said, there are those who are of the opinion that Covid doesn’t really leave your system ever, it lies dormant and resurfaces when you are ‘weak’ like HIV and Herpes.

So your question in essence is not, do I have Covid, but am I contagious for Covid. And that my friend is something that I don’t know if there is any definitive answer to today.

The doctors said 3 days symptom free with a minimum total of 7 days. Even the mikva doesn't ask you to get tested. But then again, we're not supposed to run around without masks either.

thunderstorm

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 10:03 am
tweety1 wrote:
I'm wondering the same. I had covid 2 days after Purim. I had it all the way. Fever, aches, sick. So did my kids. That week they all mild symptoms. This week my kids and I all came down with a slight cold. Stuffy nose, terribly itchy eyes, sore throat. Should I assume it's Corona? Oth, when I get colds one of my main symptoms is sore throat. One side is telling me be careful it's Corona, the other side is telling me I feel exactly what I usually feel when I get a cold, nothing close to what I felt like when I had Corona.

Sounds very much like seasonal allergies. My kids with bad allergies have these symptoms

carnation

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 10:07 am
OP and others with symptoms. Would you get tested? It would teach us all a lot about this virus IF you test positive now.

SixOfWands

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 10:20 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Let's say I'm feeling very mildly yucky today, but tomorrow I feel better, can I go about my business tomorrow? At what point do you assume it might be coronavirus and be restricted for at least a week? No fever. Was feeling a bit chilly at times. Slightly gassy stomach, nothing else. I had the virus many weeks ago and recovered? Does that mean I can't get it again? Doctor is not giving useful info over the phone and don't want to waste money on a silly visit esp this is not the first time I'm questioning myself things. It might be anxiety to which I'm prone. Or real concern. I can't tell the difference.

Have no plans to socialize, just essential shopping and lunch pick up. Thanks

There's no real way of knowing without a test. (I assume you tested earlier when you had it.)

IMNSHO, if your symptoms are consistent with allergies or a cold, and ease up tomorrow, you should be OK to go out with a mask, taking care to socially distance, maybe even a little more than usual.

Refuah shleima.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 10:27 am
SixOfWands wrote:
There's no real way of knowing without a test. (I assume you tested earlier when you had it.)

IMNSHO, if your symptoms are consistent with allergies or a cold, and ease up tomorrow, you should be OK to go out with a mask, taking care to socially distance, maybe even a little more than usual.

Refuah shleima.

Thank you. I'm feeling well now. The symptoms were maybe more consistent with eating something not so fresh. I felt chilled but no fever at all.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics