Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Does everyone have their cleaning lady back?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

tichellady

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 10:12 pm
No but I hired a babysitter

ValleyMom

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 10:17 pm
nope.
Im considered high risk and Id rather live than have some extra crumbs under my dining room table.

amother
Green

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 10:31 pm
Not yet, although most of my neighbors have taken their's back. My plan is to wait another two weeks to see whether the reduced restrictions result in any increase in new cases.

essie14

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 11:27 pm
I live in Israel. all my neighbors had theirs back weeks ago. I took mine back after the kids went back to school. If my kids can be exposed to everything in school then I can have my cleaning lady.

Last edited by essie14 on Thu, May 28 2020, 6:55 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Bisque

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 11:41 pm
No. We miss her terribly, but it’s not yet allowed where we live. As soon as it’s legal, we’ll definitely have her back gladly though.

STMommy

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 11:47 pm
No
I use an agency
For the first few weeks after covid hit, I had to cancel them with various excuses. Then they told me they were no longer working anyway. I'm waiting to hear back from them. I'm glad they haven't called yet because I think it's too early for them to restart.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Thu, May 28 2020, 5:02 am
No.
But notice how everyone who replied "yes" also replied with an excuse.....

giselle

Post Thu, May 28 2020, 5:05 am
No, but almost everyone I know does.

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, May 28 2020, 5:10 am
Starting back next week.

Restrictions around me are easing.

mommy3b2c

Post Thu, May 28 2020, 5:14 am
amother [ Dodgerblue ] wrote:
No.
But notice how everyone who replied "yes" also replied with an excuse.....

I’ll reply yes with no excuse. As soon as she was willing to come back, I had her back.

tweety1

Post Thu, May 28 2020, 6:14 am
Yes. She told me when she's ready to come back and I was more than happy and welcomed her back with open arms. It makes the no school/cheder so much less stressful knowing that my cleaning lady comes 3x a week.

Mama Bear

Post Thu, May 28 2020, 7:00 am
I never gave mine up. She took a 2 week break when she got sick, but came back right after.
Even my mother who is in her 60's and didnt have covid finally took a new cleaning lady (old one got pregnant during the pandemic lol) after 3 months - she can't phyically do all this cleaning all the time.

simcha2

Post Thu, May 28 2020, 7:04 am
Nope, but still paying her....

West End Tova

Post Thu, May 28 2020, 7:06 am
No.

amother
Magenta

Post Thu, May 28 2020, 7:14 am
Yes. Last week. And it improved my mental health tremendously!

amother
Olive

Post Thu, May 28 2020, 7:32 am
Yes. It’s time.

HonesttoGod

Post Thu, May 28 2020, 7:42 am
No. She’ll be the last thing I bring back. She uses public transportation and goes to many other people. I’m just not willing to risk it.

amother
Coffee

Post Thu, May 28 2020, 7:53 am
No and I'm still paying her.

I don't understand having a cleaning woman since I am trying to practice social distancing. Having a cleaning woman means that I am in contact with every single person she has been in contact with.

Also the very stuff that she does means that she is potentially infecting those items she is cleaning including all the bedding; the laundry; the bathroom. Am I going to clean up after her?

At least with a repair person (which I haven't needed) they go to one place and you can isolate because you know where they have been and you can clean up afterwards and also avoid being in that place for awhile and ventilate.

There is increasing evidence that the virus is airborne which means that it is not just the big droplets but that some amount of virus remains suspended in the air for as long as several hours. Which means that theoretically since she is in my home for a significant period of time, the air in my home is potentially infected.

As others have posted, my home is messy but I would rather live in a slightly messy home than live in a hospital room and or have my family living there. I actually had a dream last night where she was in my house cleaning and I woke up disappointed when I realized it was just a dream Very Happy

mommish613

Post Thu, May 28 2020, 7:56 am
Mine is thankfully coming back next week.

BUT

She took a job by another family who decided it was okay to employ since before Pesach AND decided to raise her and now she wants more money Can't Believe It

sky

Post Thu, May 28 2020, 8:01 am
Maybe next week.
I’m going to ask my dr what he thinks.
In my neighborhood almost nobody took back.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics