Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Foldable High Chair recommendation

jewishmom6

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 9:48 am
Hi. I live in a small apt. I am looking for an easy and cheap high chair.

Anyone have a recommendation for a high chair that easily folds and be put away?

teachkids

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 10:04 am
See if you want the kind that goes on top of a normal chair. They tend to have a smaller footprint.
In my experience folding doesn’t matter unless you have a large gap between kids because you’re never bothering to fold it up and put it away between meals and snacks.

lucky14

Post Thu, May 28 2020, 12:40 am
teachkids wrote:
See if you want the kind that goes on top of a normal chair. They tend to have a smaller footprint.
In my experience folding doesn’t matter unless you have a large gap between kids because you’re never bothering to fold it up and put it away between meals and snacks.

I agree with this! Plus even folded up they still take up more space than one of the ones that sit on the chair.

amother
Turquoise

Post Thu, May 28 2020, 2:13 pm
We have the chicco pocket snack. It sits on a regular chair, has different heights that it can be at for when they're younger or older. The best thing about it is how small it folds. It folds onto itself and is just very neat. We've even stuck it under the stroller for when we've eaten out so dd has a highchair.

amother
Mustard

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 9:11 pm
How long do you have the chicco pocket snack? Would you think it would take you through a few kids?

stillnewlywed

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 9:24 pm
The legs on the IKEA high chair just pop right off so you can put it away. I leave mine out anyway, and it’s so light and easy to move around.

Fave

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 9:38 pm
stillnewlywed wrote:
The legs on the IKEA high chair just pop right off so you can put it away. I leave mine out anyway, and it’s so light and easy to move around.

And they’re only $20

amother
Maroon

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 9:58 pm
I have the joovy nook. Looks nice and folds small.

amother
Magenta

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 10:01 pm
The ikea one has a huge footprint and is a pain to put away. I have the primo cozy tot deluxe and love it. We do fold it after meals even though we're normally the lazy types lol.

-Sunnygirl

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 10:01 pm
love the graco. folds flat, fits next to my fridge. stands, comes with 2 trays, 2 seats that are washable. really sturdy

HelloG

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 10:02 pm
I got from ikea one for the country that you can remove the legs. was very cheap. maybe twenty thirty bucks. you can allso do a seat on a chair which folds up

HelloG

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 10:03 pm
it's true what the other poster mentioned though that the legs on ikea one come out very far

sunshine23

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 10:21 pm
Baby Bjorn folds and is tiny. Very expensive. Don't get boon its huuggee

HeartyAppetite

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 12:09 am
I have the cosco foldable high chair and I’m very happy with it:

https://www.amazon.com/simple-.....psc=1

HeartyAppetite

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 12:12 am
I also heard about this one,
But it is more expensive:

https://www.amazon.com/JOOVY-N.....ydWU=

Teomima

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 5:30 am
Another vote for the Ikea, especially since, as teachkids pointed out, you'll probably never actually put it away between meals.

I've had the same cheap Ikea high chair for over eleven years now. When one kid outgrows it, I pop the legs out and store the whole thing for the next one.

Mayflower

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 5:48 am
I used a hook-on high chair (that attaches to the table) a lot - takes up the least space and it's also very convenient for travel. I liked the Chicco a lot.

amother
Puce

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 6:23 am
Ikea has a foldable highchair too. It has a metal frame and the seat is washable fabric.

amother
Turquoise

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 8:57 am
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
How long do you have the chicco pocket snack? Would you think it would take you through a few kids?

We've had it over 5 years and so far 3 kids and it's fine. The straps over time have discolored a little (they don't remove so I have to scrub them) but otherwise it looks almost the same as when we got it. Plastic rather than fabric means it's wipe clean in 2 seconds, unlike my 'wipe clean' fabric highchair which we used to have.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics