Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
How could it be that I didnt get it?
Previous  1  2

amother
Jade

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 2:03 pm
my husband had carona one daughter caught it from him
my other daughter and my self did not catch it
my father with 0 type blood passed away from it

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 2:07 pm
I had a mild cough, mild chest tightness, low grade fever, loss of appetite and stomach issues for 2 weeks and don't have antibodies. Not sure how accurate the antibody testing is. You can also be immune and not have detectable antibodies. Your husband may have had a false positive etc.

amother
Gold

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 2:18 pm
I had the same thing! Dh had fever for 3 days and then felt completely fine for another 3. We were intimate then. Less than a half a day later his symptoms struck with full force and was bedridden for a week.
He has antibodies, I don't. I'm not blood type O and I'm pregnant. I don't have antibodies nor did I get any symptoms.
Another interesting observation, many of his siblings (both genders) got really sick one even hospitalized (b"h all ok now). On my side whoever had symptoms had it very mild and most didn't have symptoms at all. I wonder if there may be a genetic component too.
There's still so much they don't know!

amother
Cerulean

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 4:25 pm
From what I see, people in my family and people I know, I keep thinking there has to be some as yet undetermined genetic component. We’ll just have to wait to find out if I’m right together with everyone else saying this. It would be great if there was a way to check out who’s more susceptible to the worst outcomes instead of saying over 60 and wringing our hands in despair when a younger person who had no risk factors is suddenly terribly sick.

amother
Tan

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 4:52 pm
I was also reading an article about some people are superspreaders and some people get it but don't spread it at all.
They have not figured out the details yet.

amother
Black

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 8:24 pm
fiji wrote:
Is your blood type O? I've heard blood type O is less likely to get it (my mother had it and father didn't catch it. He is O and she is something else)
Note: I did NOT hear this from a credible/scientific source but I've found it to be true in my own family.
seriously? I’m type O, dh and some of my kids got it, and I have zero antibodies. How strange. That’s awesome if I’m somehow biologically immune.

yksraya

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 8:44 pm
LovesHashem wrote:
1. Not everyone who has it will get antibodies.
2. The antibody tests aren't full accurate.

This.

It normally takes years of research to develope all those test. They tried everything possible in so little time. It of course is not as effective.

amother
Silver

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 8:48 pm
fiji wrote:
Is your blood type O? I've heard blood type O is less likely to get it (my mother had it and father didn't catch it. He is O and she is something else)
Note: I did NOT hear this from a credible/scientific source but I've found it to be true in my own family.

I’ve found this to be true with many couples. Every couple that only one of them had it I asked the other her/his blood type and it was always O.

amother
Gold

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 9:12 pm
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
I’ve found this to be true with many couples. Every couple that only one of them had it I asked the other her/his blood type and it was always O.

Nope not with is. Not dh or I are blood type O.
He got it, I didn't.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics