Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Guard rail for hi-riser

Post Mon, Aug 01 2005, 4:39 pm
Can anyone recommend a good guard rail for a hi-riser? We hope to switch my dd soon to a bed, but the problem is that we'll be putting her onto a hi-riser. The guard rails that we looked at said that they connect to a box spring. Since hi-risers don't have boxsprings, I was nervous that these wouldn't attach properly to the hi-riser frame.

daisy

Post Mon, Aug 01 2005, 4:42 pm
I have a guard rail on a hi-riser. It seems pretty secure (I'm actually using the bottom bed, because our top one has a loose frame)

I think it is the first years brand and has a picture of elmo sleeping on it. I will doublecheck when I go upstairs.

thebestmommy

Post Mon, Aug 01 2005, 4:52 pm
http://www.etoys.com/genProduc.....10944

I have two of these: one for my 3 yr. old and one for my 2 yr. old. I am very happy with it, and it is so easy to put together. Never had any problems so far. I got them at target.

Post Mon, Aug 01 2005, 5:01 pm
thebestmommy, how does it attach?

queenie

Post Mon, Aug 01 2005, 8:55 pm
I have guardrails on two beds, different brands, both from WalMart and they are exactly the same. They are on regular beds. They don't attach to the box spring, they just slip under the mattress. I would recommend that before you put a child in a high riser put a board under the mattress. High risers don't have a sturdy frame and it isn't good for a child's back. I bought a piece of melamine, it was the cheapest and very sturdy. Then you can just slip the rail under the mattress and it should stay in place from the weight of the mattress on top.

Chanie

Post Mon, Aug 01 2005, 10:29 pm
I have a safety first one that stays pretty snugly on our high riser... My son sleeps against it every night and so far he hasn't fallen through.

thebestmommy

Post Tue, Aug 02 2005, 9:42 am
0613 wrote:
thebestmommy, how does it attach?

The rail picks up, you place the mattress in between and then it adjusts to the size of the mattress. (Sorry, it's a little hard to explain it in writing). It's also very sturdy--my kids sometimes like to play around on their beds, and it has never fallen off. Another good thing about this rail is that it folds up pretty small in case you ever want to take it with you when you go away.

Post Tue, Aug 02 2005, 12:08 pm
Thanks for the advice, everybody!
Now, the question is, is she ready for a bed?!?!? I'll keep you posted.....
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars