Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Embarassing

housewife

Post Sun, Jul 24 2005, 3:06 pm
We have just trained our two year old to go to the toilet. Now everytime we make an outdoor swimming pool, she will just pull off her bathing suit and make standing where she is. All my friends look at me as if I am nuts.
Does anyone have experience with this problem? What can I do to help it?

stem

Post Sun, Jul 24 2005, 3:09 pm
Huggies makes a product called "swimmers". They look like diapers but don't fall apart in the water. Put one on her with the swim suit on top, and you won't have to worry about accidents.

Tefila

Post Sun, Jul 24 2005, 6:19 pm
Yep though they cost a mini fortune I highly recommend them for u'r tot for the swimming pool . Don't be embarrassed just try to make sure she goes to the bathroom b/4

Last edited by Tefila on Mon, Jul 25 2005, 7:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

BlumaG

Post Mon, Jul 25 2005, 2:02 pm
I bought swimmers at walmart for under $6 a package of 10-12 diapers, they r much more everywhere else

housewife

Post Mon, Jul 25 2005, 3:58 pm
Thanks for the replies, but I have tried the swimmers. She has learned to take off every kind of diaper including pull ups and swimmers.

hisorerus

Post Mon, Jul 25 2005, 5:10 pm
Is there a toilet near the pool area?

stem

Post Mon, Jul 25 2005, 5:15 pm
In your case, I would warn the girl that if she did that again, you will not take her to the pool next time. Then follow up on your threat, and she might learn her lesson.

hisorerus

Post Mon, Jul 25 2005, 5:54 pm
Poor girl, she's only 2 Sad!

She seems to just need some pool toilet training- do the same thing you did with regular training.

stem

Post Mon, Jul 25 2005, 6:07 pm
Hisorerus, I didn't mean to sound harsh. I just think that if a 2 year old strips in the pool and makes in front of everyone it's more than a problem of remembering to go to the bathroom.

Tefila

Post Mon, Jul 25 2005, 7:20 pm
stem I agree totaly 8)

hisorerus

Post Tue, Jul 26 2005, 12:37 am
It's not remembering that's the issue, IMHO. It's that she doesn't realize that it's better to use a diaper than go on the ground! We always have similar probs in toilet training.

housewife

Post Wed, Jul 27 2005, 6:58 am
thanks hisorerus for the reassurance. stem and freilich what do you mean it is not just a toilet training problem, I think my daughter is doing it out of not knowing any better. We have the pool in the garden and only three kids go inside and noone else has trained their child yet.

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Tue, Aug 02 2005, 11:37 pm
Rather then threatening her that she can't go to the pool, when she makes, take her out and tell her she can't go back in the pool bec. she made on the ground, and keep her out.
She'll get it pretty quickly.
Also, keep reminding her that if she needs to use the bathroom she should tell you and you will take her, and when she tells you and you take her, give her a little s/thing, or praise her and tell her what a good little girl she is bec. she dosen't make on the ground.

ForeverYoung

Post Tue, Aug 02 2005, 11:50 pm
it's not a training question.

and I don't think you should put the diapers on her, as it will send a confusing msg - diaper or potty?

It's a question of your daughter learning that it is inexeptable to strip & make on the spot. That we make in privicy in a designated place (potty/ toilet).

It's a 3 step action: explain, warn of consequences, follow through. Repeat.
Be nice and firm.

She;ll get it after a few times.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics