Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
Misfortunes of pasul Mezuzos and teffelin

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 8:42 am
So, what were again the misfortunes people can get if they don't check your teffelin and/or Mezuzos? We just went to the Sofer STM yesterday and there are things wrong.

amother
Blonde

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 8:54 am
Why worry? Presumably you're getting the documents fixed, so any related misfortunes should also be resolved.

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 9:05 am
If you didn't get them, why are you worried? The process is to get things checked 2x in 7 years. You should feel good that you did what you were supposed to and Hashem, in His great kindness, allowed the errors to be discovered. BH you found a good shaliach in a competent sofer.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 9:28 am
I just wondered which misfortunes are associated with pasul Mezuzos and so on. Teffelin were kosjer but all the Mezuzos were pasul...

Success10

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 9:30 am
DON'T look for problems in your home and general fortune that don't exist.
DO get the problems in your mezuzah fixed ASAP.

silverlining3

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 9:40 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I just wondered which misfortunes are associated with pasul Mezuzos and so on. Teffelin were kosjer but all the Mezuzos were pasul...

I don't think there's any specific misfortunes associated. It's juts when a person has one bad/hard thing after the other happening to him-in his home, usually the 1st thing to check is mazuzas and tfillin.
But if you were spared, count your blessings

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 9:42 am
OP, ask a rav whom you respect if there's any personal message you should take out of this.

zaq

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 9:46 am
There isn't a catalog of misfortunes that you look up like the troubleshooting pages in your wash machine's owner manual. There is any number of woo-woo stories about people who had their klafs checked when they were suffering, as opposed to a routine checkup, and the problem with the klaf "matched" the problem. For example, the letters shin and nun were illegible and the person had terrible dental problems, or had lost his hearing and the word "shma" was pasul.

Of course there are many more cases of people going for a regular checkup, the sofer found some minor issues that he fixed, and the owner never noticed any particular problems related or unrelated to the issues.

Ora in town

Post Wed, Jun 24 2020, 9:47 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Pasul from the start or they all became pasul?

It does not work this way.
When something happens, the Lubavitcher Rebbe sometimes recommended to check the mezuzot, because he saw a mystical connection between the mezuza psula (that would fail in its protection function because it is pasul) and something that had already happened... And chassidim report either that the misfortune stopped once the mezuza was repaired, or even that there was conection between the place where the mezuza was psula and the misfortune.

e.g. One chabad chassid told me he had a car accident, he went to check his mezuza (I don't remember whether it was on explicit recommendation by the Rebbe or he did because he knew the Rebbe recommended it to other people), and he found that one letter in "derech" had partially fallen off...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics