Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
How far in advance to go to gown gmach and other questions

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 9:21 am
I have IYH a family wedding coming up. I need to dress myself and my teen daughters and am not looking to spend lots of money. We don't necessarily need gowns, and definitely are looking for clean and trim lines, not large and elaborate dresses. We don't need to match, just coordinate colors.

I have never used gmachs before for gowns. How far in advance do we need to go? If we find what we like, how do we reserve it for our dates? Do we get a few days before and after the Simcha to make sure we have time to pick up and return? What if somebody wears it first, and something goes wrong?

I see that many gmachs have very limited hours. Do they get crowded? Are there people to help?

Please advise for first time gmach-er.

Thank you.

amother
Yellow

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 9:23 am
Go ASAP. You may need to go to different gown gamachs in different cities to find what you want/need/fit

ra_mom

Post Fri, Jun 26 2020, 9:35 am
Call now and take the first available appointment. They are usually booked months in advance and the gowns booked too. Go, try on, and hope that the gowns you like are available for the date you need.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics