Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals
Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Previous  1  2

Mitzvahmom

Post Wed, Dec 19 2007, 6:54 pm
wow...I just made this for my kids!! lol

de_goldy

Post Wed, Dec 19 2007, 7:39 pm
Never heard of doing it in a frying pan until this thread. I thought grilled cheese is unhealthy enough without adding any sort of butter/oil and frying!!
I do it in a toaster oven but very rarely bc although its my number one favorite food, its so unhealthy. Now I'm in the mood.

MahPitom

Post Wed, Dec 19 2007, 7:45 pm
I have a $10 grilled cheese maker

2 tips:

Line the machine (or wrap the sandwich) with fish paper, and the cleanup is a breeze!

Also, I make it for the kids with pita and stuff it with cheese and stuff. Yum.

For an extra crispy bread, microwave it if it’s from the freezer. Like that it’s already soft when adding to the machine so it uses the time to toast it.

Can you tell we live on grilled cheese…

MiracleMama

Post Wed, Dec 19 2007, 7:50 pm
de_goldy wrote:
Never heard of doing it in a frying pan until this thread. I thought grilled cheese is unhealthy enough without adding any sort of butter/oil and frying!!
I do it in a toaster oven but very rarely bc although its my number one favorite food, its so unhealthy. Now I'm in the mood.

I grew up only knowing about grilled cheese from a toaster oven. My mother was into healthy eating and so it was just whole wheat bread and 1 slice of cheese. No butter, nothing else.

When I was a teen I went to a friend's house and she made me a grilled cheese sandwich on white bread - in a frying pan - with many slices of cheese and lots of butter. At that moment I don't think I had ever tasted anything so good in my life.

BennysMommy

Post Wed, Dec 19 2007, 7:59 pm
shanie5 wrote:
gotta add this story:

my sil asked my brother if he wanted grilled cheese and he said yes. so she took out her iron. my brother asked why she took it out and she replied "to make you grilled cheese"

seems she learned from her father-prepare the sandwich, wrap in aluminum foil, and iron-no mess to clean up!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's so cool!!! I'm gonna try it tomorrow!

MahPitom

Post Wed, Dec 19 2007, 8:02 pm
Aluminum seeps into the sandwich, use fish paper.

MiracleMama

Post Wed, Dec 19 2007, 9:46 pm
MahPitom wrote:
Aluminum seeps into the sandwich, use fish paper.

What's fish paper? Parchment paper? Wax paper? Butcher paper? I have never seen anything sold as "fish paper".

MahPitom

Post Wed, Dec 19 2007, 9:52 pm
Parchment paper, I use it for baking,. is that it ?

MiracleMama

Post Wed, Dec 19 2007, 9:56 pm
MahPitom wrote:
Parchment paper, I use it for baking,. is that it ?

Ok, thanks. Wink

bigmomma

Post Wed, Dec 19 2007, 10:21 pm
I shmear the bread with smart beat margerine. It tastes good and is much less fattening than regualar margerine or butter.

Tila

Post Wed, Jan 09 2008, 9:24 pm
This is my fave scene in the movie "Benny & Joon". She is ironing, and I think benny askes her whats she ironing. she repies Grilled gheese. I like it best on the cotton setting. I tried it once when everything was flesig! Now my iron is dairy!!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals