Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Mold dots on clothing

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 4:48 pm
Seems someone put wet clothing in the hamper. Now they have mold dots. I tried spraying with oxi clean and pouring vinegar directly on it but it’s not going away. Any tips? Am I supposed to do something after letting it soak? Wash in cold or hot water?

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 5:47 pm
Use a hot, long cycle (provided the clothes can handle it) and add oxiclean powder into the machine on top of the clothes).

silverlining3

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 5:54 pm
Did you realize the mold dots before or after washing? If you're just assuming it was wet when put in hamper, it might not be it. Could be bubble stains-obviously only if they played with it.

When I saw one of my tops with spots I thought it's mold, but no, I didn't put in hamper when wet. It took a few weeks, and another stained skirt, until it dawned on me, probably bubbles. Since then I'm careful with bubbles, and I soak, in plain cold water, all clothing that night, then wash regularly. Thanks to one of the Imas here.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 6:28 pm
silverlining3 wrote:
Did you realize the mold dots before or after washing? If you're just assuming it was wet when put in hamper, it might not be it. Could be bubble stains-obviously only if they played with it.

When I saw one of my tops with spots I thought it's mold, but no, I didn't put in hamper when wet. It took a few weeks, and another stained skirt, until it dawned on me, probably bubbles. Since then I'm careful with bubbles, and I soak, in plain cold water, all clothing that night, then wash regularly. Thanks to one of the Imas here.

I saw it before, pretreated it and washed. Didn’t come out. Will try ra_mom’s tip.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry