Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Mom of 10
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 10:56 am
Look at what this crazy lady makes her kids do just so she can have some content for her stupid YouTube channel:

https://youtu.be/0fHuLjzruc8

singleagain

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 10:57 am
You realize by sharing and talking about it you're helping her promote this?

bigsis144

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 10:58 am
singleagain wrote:

This. Don’t give her any more attention.

amother
Aqua

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 11:00 am
singleagain wrote:

Yes, OP should work her PR. I had never heard of her before. What a fun video! Thanks for sharing. Snow swimming is so fun!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 11:00 am
Right, sorry for posting this.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 11:01 am
Meh. They're in Lapland. Cold plunging is part of their culture, and it's supposed to boost the immune system and make you stronger. People in northern countries never say "Put on your sweater, it's 60 degrees outside, you'd catch pneumonia!"

In Sweden, preschoolers are expected to go outside and play no matter what the weather. "Snow days" are not a thing there. It's just part of life in that climate. Same thing with Norway and Denmark. They don't look at snow as the "enemy", any more than we could consider the leaves changing color in the Fall to be a threat.

Weather happens. Very Happy

(What actually disturbs me, is mom's artificially inflated duck lips. Who thinks that is a good look?)

hodeez

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 11:01 am
Notice how the comments are turned off...

imabima

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 11:02 am
Ive watched some of her videos in the past. They actually seem like a very lovely family.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 11:03 am
I watched more. Now I'm super jealous of their sauna! Imagine having that in your own home.

stillnewlywed

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 11:04 am
hodeez wrote:
Notice how the comments are turned off...

Almost all You tube channels with kids have comments turned off right now (By YouTube) for safety reasons.

jerusalem90

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 11:21 am
It looks like fun...

Most of the stuff we do with our kids could easily be made fun of as "stupid".

Blessing1

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 11:24 am
I don't think she's a crazy lady, she's not forcing her kids to do it. They seem like a fun family.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 12:08 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
Meh. They're in Lapland. Cold plunging is part of their culture, and it's supposed to boost the immune system and make you stronger. People in northern countries never say "Put on your sweater, it's 60 degrees outside, you'd catch pneumonia!"

In Sweden, preschoolers are expected to go outside and play no matter what the weather. "Snow days" are not a thing there. It's just part of life in that climate. Same thing with Norway and Denmark. They don't look at snow as the "enemy", any more than we could consider the leaves changing color in the Fall to be a threat.

Weather happens. Very Happy

(What actually disturbs me, is mom's artificially inflated duck lips. Who thinks that is a good look?)

I have nothing against building your immune system but why would she make them go again because the picture didn't come out clear?
and why do they have to jump in the snow again when they get out of the hot-tub????
she is absolutely crazy!

its one thing to play in the snow when you are dressed properly and its a whole other thing to stand and complain that your lips are frozen (when you are dressed in layers) while asking your kids to go again and again in the snow when they have just swim gear and then ask them to go again as they get out of the hot-tub drenched wet.......

I feel so bad for this kids.

Edited for a typo

amother
Aqua

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 12:12 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I have nothing against building your immune system but why would she make them go again because the picture didn't come out clear?
and why do they have to jump in the snow again when they get out of the hot-tub????
she is absolutely crazy!

its one thing to play in the snow when you are dressed properly and its a whole other thing to stand and complain that your lips are frozen (when you are dressed in layers) while asking your kids to go again and again in the snow when they have just swim gear and then ask them to go again as they get out of the hot-tub drenched wet.......

Edited for a typo

I used to live in a US State that snowed a lot. Loads of adults and children did crazy things like this to pass the snow days. I think you need to chill ❄️ out. Her kids looked very happy to me.

Iymnok

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 12:14 pm
It is normal in Norway to swin in the nude. I have gone in the hot tub in the snow, it’s really nice.

Aylat

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 12:18 pm
I've seen some of her videos before. The thing I find craziest is that she dresses her kids in white and they always look spotless. How does she keep up with the laundry? LOL

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 12:21 pm
Aylat wrote:
I've seen some of her videos before. The thing I find craziest is that she dresses her kids in white and they always look spotless. How does she keep up with the laundry? LOL

they get a new shirt right before she starts to film.....

I did some research its one crazy culty family.....

zaq

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 1:09 pm
As FF says, meh. This is more or less the Finnish national pastime.
What has me wondering is the kid with long hair worn up who looks like a girl, is wearing boys' swim trunks and keeps his/her/nis/hir/its arms crossed over his/her/nis/hir chest the entire time. Is she a girl who didn't bring a swimsuit or an overly bashful boy?

amother
Purple

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 1:13 pm
This woman is very controversial. She has been criticized for blanket training her younger kids, and her husband seems to be a leader of some sort of religious cult. The videos do really draw you in.

zaq

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 1:13 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

They all looked quite gleeful, not a distressed face in the bunch. The mom may or may not be a lunatic, and I wouldn't try this trick myself, and I certainly wouldn't dress my dd in swim trunks with no top even if she were only eight and flat as a board, but I see no cause to feel sorry for the kids based on this video alone.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics