Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Any camps for teens for Aug?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 7:45 am
Hi,

My daughter's plans for the summer fell through. She is sitting at home bored.

She is going into 10th grade, and I am looking for a sleep away camp for Aug that still has room.

Sternberg would have been great, but their new program this summer is for girls completing 10th grade and on. She is a very tznius girl who would also fit in beautifully into a more typical BY type of camp as well. I tried calling Palgei but did not receive a response either by phone or email.

I feel bad for her and would like her to still have an enjoyable summer.

I would very much appreciate your ideas and suggestions. Thanks!

sky

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 7:56 am
I hear Bnos Ruach Chaim is staying open for older teens in vernontvsecond half in the holiday inn. I heard girls are having a blast.

Camp palgai Mayim just opened this year. https://www.theyeshivaworld.co......html
(Eta: just realized you called them already)

themom

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 8:28 am
Malka is opening in Maine

reality mom

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 8:42 am
Lake Mont will be opening for 2nd half as well. Then theres Sviva. Both are in different parts of PA.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 9:18 am
Lakemont (http://camplakemont.net/?page_id=191)

Palgai (send an email to palgaimayim@gmail.com and an auto reply will bounce back links for you to fill out an application)

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 10:20 am
Thanks a lot everyone. Can you please tell me a little bit about what type are those camps: Bnos Ruach Chaim, Malka and Lakemont? Type of girls who go there -- haskafa wise, fancy or not etc.
Also which of these camps is more likely to be helpful or a bit accommodating with diet restrictions (gluten free /dairy free). I am happy to send some food from home but since camps do not have visiting days due to covid, and it would be harder to get additional food to her, it would be helpful if the camp would be able/willing to provide some basics. Thanks again for your thoughts and suggestions!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 10:26 am
ra_mom wrote:
Lakemont (http://camplakemont.net/?page_id=191)

Palgai (send an email to palgaimayim@gmail.com and an auto reply will bounce back links for you to fill out an application)

Yes, there is a link to fill out an application but it asks for my credit card information, and I am not comfortable giving out my credit card to be charged before I had a chance to speak to someone, and so far I have not heard back from anyone there.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 10:28 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Yes, there is a link to fill out an application but it asks for my credit card information, and I am not comfortable giving out my credit card to be charged before I had a chance to speak to someone, and so far I have not heard back from anyone there.

I know. Very hard to deal this way. They have not been personally in touch with any parents this year. They are in their first year and have been sending out automatic emails only.

The good news is that they did not charge the CC unril they confirmed acceptance (we didn't end up sending).

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 10:40 am
Ruach Chaim is more yeshivish - Lakewood and chaim Berlin type. Not fancy - simpler families - but in town girls so probably in style. The cost is much cheaper then other camps.
I have only heard 3rd hand info. The camp I think is almost fully indoors this year. So it isn’t a typical camp experience this year.
Maybe you can find someone who sent first half to the older camp for more info.

SingALong

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 12:53 pm
Camp LakeMont is open second half also, starting this Sunday. But it’s better if she goes with a friend

amother
Slateblue

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 2:34 pm
My daughter is in Palgei and loves it.
They sent these numbers as their office: 570 - 798 - 1172 or 570 - 798 - 1185
Maybe try calling if you don’t get a response by email. They are definitely still taking applications for 2nd half.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children