Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
Little brother on cattle car lost his shoe

penguin

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 3:29 pm
Anybody know where to find this story? (May have been in a Torah Anytime Parsha newsletter recently)

Basically she was scolding her little brother for losing his shoe(s) on the cattle car to the death camp and that was the last thing she ever said to him.

She decided from then on to always talk to people as if it may be the last time you ever see them.

I would love to find the story quoted.

happinessseeker

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 3:34 pm
I just hope this won’t be used for kids - how sad!!

happy chick

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 3:36 pm
Oy, that's sounds like such a bitter story Sad

mindyme

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 3:56 pm
https://www.torahanytime.com/#/post?id=40717

amother
Denim

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 3:59 pm
Is there no better way to give over this message?
I hope this is not for children.

amother
Orchid

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 4:21 pm
On the other side, my cousin heard a story like this and decided to say goodbye and thank people nicely (when appropriate). He wasn't home for part of Yom tov and his father died unexpectedly. He said by the shloshim that he was so happy that he started doing this recently because he got to have somewhat of a good bye and had some closure from it.

Though it would be disturbing for most kids.

Reminds me of a story a teacher once told us. She told her class to do kibud av v'am while they are still living at home and they have ample opportunity. One of her students lost their father on 9/11. At the Shiva, the girl told her that the night before her father died, he asked her for a drink and she got it even though she was really tired because she remembered what this teacher said. It was the last thing she did for him and she was very thankful about it.
Even since then, 14 years ago, I never say no when my father asks for a drink. I'm subconsciously spooked from that story.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational